3800sc won't crank by johnguzman1212
Started on: 05-08-2015 04:10 PM
Replies: 40 (309 views)
Last post by: Mike Gonzalez on 05-09-2015 06:24 PM
johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished my swap. No start I have power new battery no fuses popped the engineer ran before in old car. I have harness made by me pcm tuned by Sinister . If I jump solenoid starter spins so that's good. At c203 with key on all pins have power fork...n and d are grounded. None of c203 have steady 12v they only live when key on. I have power to pcm and power to one wire on icm. What now I'm really bummed
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The crank signal comes from C500.
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I moved the shifter to idk what gear it started then turned off backfired. What do I look at? I have the pink blue and yellow connected right with a black ground just in case....
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnguzman1212

212 posts
Member since Feb 2014
I counted 5 clicks prnd3...so in 3 in starts why what could I have done wrong .bty I think it's not getting gas cause it won't stay running. Do I check fuel pressure? When I replaced fuel pump and put in tank I pumped old gas out it came out in a steady stream but not like a water hose on full blast maybe it's the pump I also did the fuel pump mod running a relay to battery then other to pump then added 12v to one side and the other wire to pcm I believe the pcm grounds out the relay causing it to turn on right? It sounds badazz but it won't stay running ...My maf is cracked I think it works do I buy new one or wait?I installed a fuel pump from a 02 Chevy Tahoe but I may have gotten a wrong one cause it didn't fit my Tahoe...any thoughts my friend? It's a 87 fiero that had duke I have 97 Riviera 3800sc
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnguzman1212

212 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Disconnected fuel feed to engine and watched it pump it's slow I think.also if I disconnected hose shouldn't it be under pressure like it. Should squirt out everywhere but it didn't... any ideas
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like your shift cable is adjusted wrong, the lever on the trans should be as far counter clockwise as it will go in park, disconnect your cable from the trans and see if its keeping it from going in park. What you feel is 3rd, may be neutral.

Not sure of your choice of fuel pumps, not familiar with it. I usually use AC Delco EP381 if the engine is mostly stock. Cant tell you if the Tahoe fuel pump has enough pressure or flow for the 3800. If you have a Fuel tester, it wont hurt to test it.
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike Gonzalez

5093 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Yes it should be under pressure, and not desccribed as slow. Did you use a new fuel hose in the tank from the pump to the hard line with clamps on both sides?
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rented a gauge it's reading 55 to 58psi I used the mini hose with clamps cause old fiero that hose was cut but yes I know about that failure . During g cranking pressure drops about 3 psi. I have no axles in car or antifreeze yet. I put 10w30 new oil. best octane gas 6gallons it has gas and pressure almost wants to stay running. I have no iac yet waiting and my maf is cracked idk if it's running right. I have o2 with 12v on one of 4 wires and a ground on one other. Map has 12v plus ground and 5v reference. Iac I think is working. I have boost removed but little tab left over in down position . I had little arm in top most position looking at car from rear cause I put shifter in park then set cable eye on so when I pull shifter down it starts to move ccw to rear of car. What did I do wrong there do I put little arm all the way ccw to rear? But if I do that then I have to put shifter in car in most down position which use to be 2nd.
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your using a fiero shifter you need to reverse the movement of the arm by either flipping it over the other direction, or using something like this

Does it cut off as soo as you let go of the key, or does it run a bit after you let go? Fuel pressure sounds like it should be okay.
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I see so it's wired up right but it's backwards so far south on bracket is park? Thank you for the pic!! Now tell me why I have a constant ground signal coming from the pcm fuel wire I thought it only has a ground when I turn key so I believe fuel pump runs when off
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnguzman1212

212 posts
Member since Feb 2014
The car turns off as soon as I turn key off no backfire....
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The PCM sends a + signal to the relay, the opposite side of your relay coill should be grounded.

Does it turn off ass soon as you stop cranking the starter, or when you turn the key too off? Still running in the "on" position.

Yes all the way toward the trunk if you trans lever is still stock is park.

[This message has been edited by Mike Gonzalez (edited 05-08-2015).]

johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Small fire by spark plugs maybe from gas falling then motor sounded like locked up but it started up a few more times it doesn't stay running not even I give it gas...don't know what to do maybe wait for the3 sensors what you think??
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnguzman1212

212 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Ok I'll hook up fuel wire to relay and then ground other side but I swear I saw somewhere that the pcm grounds the relay. It almost stays running when I turn key to on. Maybe I connected the Icm wrong and put some things at 12v constant when only they need on key on or on crank mode I'm going to rewire the whole harness tonight. I'm going to check make sure spark wires to right cylinder...what else can I check for? Fuel pressure at 55psi do I check I injectors? Coils how?
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats not good !! Hope it was a fluke...ya, knowing your sensors are good and working would save a lot of chasing ghosts. Are you sur your firing order is all good, plug wires are all on good?
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car ran for 3 seconds sounds loud as he'll! Not sure if its suppose to but sounds awesome...note I have no coolant in but I know not to run more than 10 seconds also I ordered New tps iat maf and iac valve what about the map how can I check that? Also can I just leave shifter the way I have it lol I don't care if it's backwards lol?
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can google how to test a MAP sensor, I would have to :-P

I wouldnt recommend leaving your shifter backwards, just an accident waiting to happen.
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I'll make new bracket for shifter looks easy enough. Do you think maybe there being low trans fluid is keeping it not running? I have the hoses looped right now but I have trans cooler right by it just not hooked Up. What about the coolant I have none at the moment I didn't want to put any in yet cause I still have to remove engine to finish axles and I didn't want to drain coolant again. I'm going to Google the map sensor. I wired Up the relay for fuel pump like you said it still doesn't turn on I have a switch right now to turn it on no big deal but I'm puzzled why it's grounding and not turning on with key on...any idea's? All the sensors are grounded through the pcm. I have two engine grounds one 4gauge where power steering pump was and another bolted to the 7pin trans gear selecter , do I need another? I'm using supreme unleaded gas old oil pressure switch is removed, the old low oil level switch on front of oil pan is cut and not connected egr is not there and evap is gone boost bypass is gone, the supercharger has new oil. Belts are right not sure What to check
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fluids missing wouldnt keep it from running, The PCM doesnt know theyre missing. Not all the sensors are grounded to the PCM. some of them run to grounds on the engine block. Do pins C1 19 and 20 on the PCM both have power with the key on? Your fuel pump relay should have the switch side wired one to pump, one to power feed, the coil side has one to PCM, one to ground.

Some people take the trans lever and flip it poiinting toward the block and upside down sso the cable clears the exhaust, but alsow shorten it a bit to get full range of motion from the shifter.
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike Gonzalez

5093 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Did you wire your harness yourself? Has your PCM been reprogrammed to remove VATS and other removed sensors?
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C1 has power in run 12v checked with test light . Pcm was tuned by Sinister. Im going to check pin 19 and 21
PFF
System Bot
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pin 20 has power it is ran to 12v constant with a 10 amp fuse let me check pin 19 but i believe it goes to c203 and it has power in run or key on....
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you getting any trouble codes? Just for peace of mind see if you can keep it running longer by spraying starting fluid or gas from a spray bottle in the TB once its running.
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maf ground is good 12v is good but ref reads .2 volts disconnected. The map has No power no 5v ref what now. Im fixing to check coils wires spark plugs
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnguzman1212

212 posts
Member since Feb 2014
I sprayed starting fluid it ran. I have 55 psi at shrader valve . Whats the deal it runs with fluid but not with pump . The vats was programmed out. What now?
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Injectors may not be firing, got 12v to the pink wires on them?
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She sounds f awesome only if i could keep her running. I got 12v at pink wire near icm it goes from blue to pink but yes iys 12v. How do i check injectors? Im going to store to pick up obd2 scanner
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pink ICM wire is (should be) from a different source then the pink injector power feed. Make sure the injectors are getting power first. Checking to see if theyre getting a pulse from the PCM takes a 'noid light"
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Noid light whats that? I got scanner but wont link up spent 120 bucks . Icm is connected to different power sourcethan injectores let me see....
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg0HYr3SYYw

Your injectors should be powered from the Fuel inj. fuse through C203 pin J, ICM should get power from C500 E3
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the link i will look for it on ebay. Im going to directly wire pin j c203 to the 12v feed of all 6 injectors right? Ok im rewiring right now i have connectors for all wires just for this reason thanks for the help guys!
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, all 6 can go to just the one feed since they are not batch fired like they were on the 2.8.
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Foundd a mistake...the alternater wires hooked up to ac pressure switch not sure if this a problem they had same color wire and plug opps
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What did you use for a wiring guide? lol
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol i wired it but now it hooks up to obd2 yeah checking codes now asking me for vin 1 or k,,???
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnguzman1212

212 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Its sc so i put in 1 ...? There are no codes stored
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnguzman1212

212 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Its running f#@ yeah and shes is unreal!!!!!!
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you just figure it out yourself, or follow some kind of instructions?

I can send you a copy of my wiring guide
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike Gonzalez

5093 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Oh, got it running? What was the issue that fixed it?
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the alternater wires running to the ac pressure switch when i connected i switched them by accident cause they were samecolor combo and plug .the obd2 works now. Car ran on own for 10 seconds cause ihave no coolant and havnt filled trans all the way cause im not done with axle it's hunting for idle but its cause of no iat and maybe broken maf but i ordered new maf iat icv and tps... wanna say thanks guys !!!!!!! Cool fourm 3800sc is the way to go!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock