Started on: 05-07-2015 09:43 PM
Replies: 5 (903 views)
Last post by: Darth Fiero on 05-11-2015 03:28 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the end of the throttle cable supposed to look like this or do I need to buy something specific to the swap? Trying to fix all the things sorted the PO didn't.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That could be improved upon :-P If you lose the home made bracket and widen the stock bracket to fit the cable you can do it more like this.

<--from GmTuners.com
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

That could be improved upon :-P If you lose the home made bracket and widen the stock bracket to fit the cable you can do it more like this.

<--from GmTuners.com

You don't need to widen the stock 3800 throttle body's cable mounting bracket. You just need to shave down the stock Fiero throttle cable some instead.

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HAHA, i Ninja'd you with your own pic Ryan !!!

I always modify the bracket, as a machinist/gunsmith you learn to modify the cheap/easier to get part first. but thats just me.

[This message has been edited by Mike Gonzalez (edited 05-07-2015).]

Grizz54

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grizz54Send a Private Message to Grizz54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have never thought of bolting the cable in. Instead I would cut the cable off and us a throttle cable stop. You can find those at most parts stores in different sizes.

------------------
"To err is human" Nuff Said!

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

HAHA, i Ninja'd you with your own pic Ryan !!!

I always modify the bracket, as a machinist/gunsmith you learn to modify the cheap/easier to get part first. but thats just me.

I had thought about cutting the bracket, but doing that makes the one side (that separates the throttle from the cruise cable) very thin. I looked at the OEM Fiero throttle cable and determined a cutoff wheel on a dremel could quickly make the plastic on the cable thin enough to slide down into the stock 3800 throttle cable bracket.

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 05-11-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock