Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Do any of the big brake kits fit with 1" lowering ball joints?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Do any of the big brake kits fit with 1" lowering ball joints? by matthud
Started on: 05-04-2015 12:34 AM
Replies: 5 (281 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 05-16-2015 10:02 AM
matthud

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for matthudSend a Private Message to matthudEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 1" lowering ball joints on my 88. I am interested in upgrading the front brakes but most of the descriptions for the brake kits say the lower arm will interfere because of the balljoints. Is there and kit that will fit?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Imnuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too!
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The one with the best "chance" is the 13" Viper rotor kit from WCF. I say "chance" because I haven't ever tested them...

The 12" C4 ones are 2.19" deep and can rub the nose of the lower a-arm with the stock ball joints (depending on how low you go).
The Viper rotors are 1.71" deep, so they "should" have enough room to work with the lowering ball joints again possibly depending on how low you go.
http://www.westcoastfiero.com/brakes/13/index.php
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 1MohrFiero (edited 05-07-2015).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these a problem with Grand AM/Beretta brakes?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Are these a problem with Grand AM/Beretta brakes?

First, its only an issue on the 88's because their front lower a-arm is closer to the backside of the rotor.
Second, its only an issue if the upgraded rotors are deeper than the stock 88 rotors, because that is what moves the rotor closer to the front lower a-arm.

The grand am rotors are the same depth as the 88's, but they wont fit over the flange on the 88 front wheel bearings unless you turn them down. Several in years past have modified their bearings to allow the use of the grand am rotors vs. the stock 88 Fiero rotors because they were cheaper.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock