Help.. Missing? Now won't start, lots of new parts by ltlgt88
Started on: 05-03-2015 09:26 PM
Replies: 5 (125 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 05-06-2015 10:17 AM
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
K here is what is done. New plus, new wires, new rotor, new cap, new icm, new injectors, new ecm temp sensor, new iac, new map, Ran car on roads for about 20minutes. Was running ok however large vibraton at 2000-3000rpm felt like small miss. Nice and smooth at coasting and cruising. Turned on ac and died at light. Also died one or twice at the end of the drive without the ac on stops. Seemed to stumble of the line a little too with out more gas than normal, actually had to restart it twice because I couldn't keep it going of the line.

Towards the end it stumbled slowing into a light and down shifting to get on the gas again.

Got it home and now having troubles restarting it, will crank but not fire up If I put jumpers on it, it cranks for a while and then finally starts. If I take the jumper off it sputters out and died.

I tried to retime but can't even get it to stay running with a paperclip in the aldl.

Thinking it was the battery took it to be tested and it came back good and needed recharge.

Could this be an alternator and battery issue? Gauge when I was driving seemed to be OK, except when it died.

Only other things I can think of is pickup coil or ignition coil.

Running out of money for the project, say inside would be great,

88 get 5 speed
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the fuel pressure When running? When cranking? If you spray a little carb cleaner in the throttle body when it cranks but won't fire, will it then start? It looks like you covered the electrical side of things, but fuel is equally important.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charge the battery and see what happens.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could it be the timing is off?
New injectors wrong ones?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering how its going.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock