Whats next??! help needed by pshamoun
Started on: 04-30-2015 06:37 PM
Replies: 2 (152 views)
Last post by: tebailey on 04-30-2015 07:35 PM
pshamoun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pshamounSend a Private Message to pshamounEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys I have an 1988 pontiac feiro testarossa replica. I recently went to the shop to replace the following..

Transmission
Clutch
Slave cylinder
Master cylinder
Select cables
Resurfaced flywheel
Major tune up including oil change spark plugs new distributor cap and rotor.

After all this work My car has a similar issue to why I brought it to the mechanic in the first place.
When the car is on and i put in first gear as soon as I began to let off of the clutch The vehicle acts like it wants to go but ends up stalling as if Something is preventing it from taking off into first gear.
Because of this has cause major frustration to why It is still acting like this.
I bought the Transmission from one of the vendors on this forum.

Now before I tell my tech to go in again and open up the transmission to see if they sold me a bad one (which I highly doubt because this place has great reviews and they seem pretty honest, I bought it from "The Fiero Factory.")

Does anyone here might have advice to why this problem is reoccurring?
Can something be locked which is causing it from getting taking off into first successfully?

Everything starts up fine, the car is ok in neutral and it does go into reverse. Its just when I TRY to drive the car into first it acts like it wants to go but like I said something is preventing it.

If anyone has some good info to tell me please respond as this issue is driving me crazy!
The car has been in the shop for four months now and like I said it is an 1988 pontiac fiero 5 speed v6 fFerrari testarossa replica.
Thank You sincerely
Phil
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jack up the car and see if you can turn the wheels, I had a similar problem with a truck once, would roll back but stall in forward. I found the parking brake was jammed because of a bad cable.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock