Started on: 04-28-2015 01:41 AM
Replies: 5 (120 views)
Last post by: Monkeyman on 04-28-2015 05:57 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm having a problem with the drivers side headlight motor on my newly acquired '87 GT. As you can tell in the video, it's slower than the passenger side and has an annoying clunk. When I first hit the headlight button, it wouldn't go up. I tapped it a couple times and it started working as you can see in the vid. I've greased the hinges. I haven't (yet) gotten any deeper into the assembly.

https://www.youtube.com/wat...rKY&feature=youtu.be

TIA!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 04-28-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jasonn674

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonn674Send a Private Message to jasonn674Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That doesn't sound like a gearing issue. The clunk could possibly be the headlight assembly not inline with the spring door on the hood.

My best guess is that you have a worn out limit switch. Sadly finding those is difficult. I don't know of anyone that sells a replacement right now.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll check it with the hood open and see if it still clunks. I KNOW it's still slow even with the hood open.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have you read my Cave, Gen 2 HL Motor?

If dowels are ok then likely need white grease lube on the gear, etc.\
Screw at bottom have 1 loose small BB that likely needs cleaning/lube too. Do Not pre load the BB! Motor must have a little play when done.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 04-28-2015).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

have you read my Cave, Gen 2 HL Motor?

If dowels are ok then likely need white grease lube on the gear, etc.\
Screw at bottom have 1 loose small BB that likely needs cleaning/lube too. Do Not pre load the BB! Motor must have a little play when done.

I did. I didn't see anything that pertained to my situation. I'll try some lube on everything and see if it helps. If not, I'll pull the motors and rebuild them, just to be sure.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock