REMOVE AND REPLACE AIR VENTS by QCMANAGER
Started on: 04-27-2015 06:34 PM
Replies: 2 (207 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 04-28-2015 03:57 PM
QCMANAGER

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the vanes on the outer air vents of the dash are broken off. I found a perfect set of replacements but I can't seem to figure out how to get to the screw that is behind the body molding. I can get the front two screws out the the front side screw out but can't figure out how to get to the rear side screw.

I checked the manual but it is not listed.

Any help would be appreciated.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe the dash needs to come out, but we may hear differently...
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done one change on my first Fiero. It was very difficult because I did it without removing the dash. It's extra time and work, but it's truly the only way to do it. Removing the dash really isn't all that hard. The Gotcha's are the 4 screws inside the speaker covers that hold the dash to the body at the bottom of the windshield. With the speaker grills removed, you can see them, pointed at the front of the car. Once you have all the screws loose, you only need slide the dash back a few inches to access that one single hidden screw on the vent.

I've never tried it, but it might also be possible to access that screw by removing the A pillar trim, but unless you know how, you stand a good chance of breaking the tabs that hold the trim in place.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock