Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Accessory power for auto-dim rearview mirror?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Accessory power for auto-dim rearview mirror? by lorennerol
Started on: 04-25-2015 12:27 PM
Replies: 9 (323 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 05-06-2015 08:44 AM
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked up a rear view mirror with autodim, compass, and Homelink. It needs constant power for the Homelink buttons, a ground, and accessory power for the compass and autodim. The first two I can get from the overhead courtesy light area, but I'm not sure the best source for accessory power. Suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are 2 vacant spade connector sockets in the lower left corner of the fuse box (put there for just this purpose). They are labeled IGN, Use a standard spade connector and an in-line fuse.

edit: squeeze the 2 tabs on the left and right sides of the fuse box to swing it down.....makes it much easier to see and work on.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 04-25-2015).]

darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GM has plugs that will fit into those fusebox connections. I look for them with I go to the Pick and Pull. GM used them sometimes on cars to drive accessories that were not pre-wired, like power seats. You can buy the connectors here. $3 ea.

First item on this page ( Clear connector for Ign Power).
http://www.repairconnector....sort=featured&page=2

Last item on this page for BAT power ( constant on) connector:
http://www.repairconnector....sort=featured&page=1

------------------
'87 GT in process!

lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

There are 2 vacant spade connector sockets in the lower left corner of the fuse box (put there for just this purpose). They are labeled IGN, Use a standard spade connector and an in-line fuse.

edit: squeeze the 2 tabs on the left and right sides of the fuse box to swing it down.....makes it much easier to see and work on.

Just got this done. Worked perfectly with a spade connector with most of the insulator cut off. Also discovered that the cover you mention does not exist on my car
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

Also discovered that the cover you mention does not exist on my car

It wasn't a "cover" that Gall757 was telling you about. It's the whole fuse box swings down. Perhaps yours was already in the down position.

lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

It wasn't a "cover" that Gall757 was telling you about. It's the whole fuse box swings down. Perhaps yours was already in the down position.

LOL. Yeah, that would have made things easier. I must have crawled in upside down 10 times.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL. Yeah, that would have made things easier. I must have crawled in upside down 10 times.

Owner's Manuals are SO handy (if you read them)

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I must have crawled in upside down 10 times.

lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

I work in IT. We have a term for that: RTFM.

Guilty.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

I work in IT. We have a term for that: RTFM.

Guilty.

I can say the Owner's Manual was handy the day I got my first Fiero.
I was at the Gas Bar wondering how to open the fuel door.
Luckily, directions for the fuel door release (and a lot of other stuff) are in there.

I've had the fuel door release broken by Service Shop dunces thinking it was the decklid release.
Of course they didn't say anything. I only found out days later whenI needed to gas up.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay