Wiring help ASAP please by Jayfelt
Started on: 04-24-2015 04:41 PM
Replies: 9 (180 views)
Last post by: Jayfelt on 04-25-2015 05:02 PM
Jayfelt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JayfeltSend a Private Message to JayfeltEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just about done with my transmission swap from auto to 5 speed manual. Just confused on what exactly im doing with this switch on the transmission. Not sure on if im cutting it or rewiring it.
]

FYI: I am converting the automatic harness.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that is the backup light switch they need to go to c500 C1 and E1.
Jayfelt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JayfeltSend a Private Message to JayfeltEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is and thank you!
Also to confirm the only wiring i need to do for the swap is Clutch safety switch and add longer wiring for the VSS plug and the reverse switch correct?
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe so, I have never done the swap without a engine/PCM swap at the same time.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jayfelt:

Yes it is and thank you!
Also to confirm the only wiring i need to do for the swap is Clutch safety switch and add longer wiring for the VSS plug and the reverse switch correct?

You might want to remove the extra wires to the AT switch AND to the torque converter lock up, but you can also just cut and cap them if you wish.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since you are reusing the Auto harness, in addition to the clutch switch at the pedal, you have to splice the thick Yellow and Purple wires together at the automatic connector plug (wide, thin, black connector). The reverse light wires are also in this same connector, so they will need to be cut and spliced into the reverse switch at the transmission. Then shorten the VSS wires (or just coil them up), and wrap up the TCC connector (not used).
Jayfelt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JayfeltSend a Private Message to JayfeltEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Since you are reusing the Auto harness, in addition to the clutch switch at the pedal, you have to splice the thick Yellow and Purple wires together at the automatic connector plug (wide, thin, black connector). The reverse light wires are also in this same connector, so they will need to be cut and spliced into the reverse switch at the transmission. Then shorten the VSS wires (or just coil them up), and wrap up the TCC connector (not used).

Witch wires are the reverse wires on the connector and are the reverse switch wires interchangeable? They are both the same color so cant tell and am unseure
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The reverse light wires at the connector are blue and green and thin (16-18ga).
The switch at the transmission ball detent contact switch and should be internally isolated (not self grounding), so it shouldn't matter how the wires are connected. If you want to verify the proper connection sequence, get a Chilton/Haynes/Helm manual for the 85-88 Fiero and look at the wiring diagrams for the 4cyl/Isuzu transmission. It should show the Green and Blue wires going to the Isuzu connector and show the pin location (A & B or 1 & 2) and the connectors normally have this designation molded into the connector. Unfortunately all my manuals are buried in storage (and 300 mile from me right now) or I would look it up for you.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jayfelt:

Witch wires are the reverse wires on the connector and are the reverse switch wires interchangeable? They are both the same color so cant tell and am unseure

It's just a switch so it doesn't make a difference.

Jayfelt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JayfeltSend a Private Message to JayfeltEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much guys. Electrical is my week point with any car. Thanks again for taking your time and trying to guide me threw this.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock