HPTuner file for modded 3.8 SIII by Celthora87GT
Started on: 04-23-2015 09:54 AM
Replies: 16 (594 views)
Last post by: Celthora87GT on 04-28-2015 09:20 AM
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys.
Im looking for a HP Tuner file becasue the speed shop i took it to for a dyno royally mucked up mine. So i need some base tune to work off of to get it running properly.
The tune repository dosent have the required things i need so im hoping one of you does. The mods are as follows.
Northstar tb
Lq4 maf
Gen5 SC
Zzp SS 8ntercooler with frontmount
3.0 pulley
XP hot cam
Stock compression
60Lb injectors with a 255 lph fuelpump
Bbv delete
Egr delete
Stock 2 bar map
I do have a wideband but not tuner pro so its standalone

Basically im looking for proper IFR tables and spark tables.

Thanks
Josh
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you checked the repository to see if there's anything close?

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD(2002), Gen V, 3.3 pulley, SD headers

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are you going to re flash the PCM once you get the HPF file? So to be clear, you need a 3800SC Fiero tune to match your mods.

To me a base tune is a stock 98-02 GTP bin file. A custom tune is taking that base file and removing codes, turning off features, tweaking tables to mach your drive train.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 04-26-2015).]

Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

How are you going to re flash the PCM once you get the HPF file? So to be clear, you need a 3800SC Fiero tune to match your mods.

I have HP tuner. the shop messed it up and I dont know what they did and what they didnt do. I requested they send me the file that they took off my car when I brought it in because it ran better with that then with what I picked it up with.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a DHP tuner so my file may not work 4 you.
However, You can just start with a 98 GTP bin file and change the fuel and MAF tables and you are in business.
Those tables are in the HP forum or the Internet in General.
Then you can just remove the codes and bingo a good base custom tune.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Celthora87GT:

I have HP tuner. the shop messed it up and I dont know what they did and what they didnt do. I requested they send me the file that they took off my car when I brought it in because it ran better with that then with what I picked it up with.

HP Tuner should indicate the revisions to the program that were made. The 60 lb hr injectors may be a bit too large for your combo. It might be hard adjusting the fueling with them but expert tuners can probably work with them.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd start with a 98--02 Stock tune from the repository (I know there is a 98 and a 02 GTP in there and a '00 regal GS) a and then there are some files in there with 60lb injectors just copy one of those injector flow tables, and I'd use the stock timing from the Regal GS since it's a little more relaxed. I'd get all that into a fresh .hpt file and save it then do a full read on your car and save it so you always have a backup to at least get you back to this point. Then open your new file as a compare file and look at whats different. .

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
HX-40, FrozenBoost I/C, 80lb injectors & E85 Coming soon.....

Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats awesome info thanks. And i figured 60lb was to high for my set up but it was a combo and i figured id roll with it.

Dont i need to spend two credits to "license" a new .hpt file?
Thanks for all the info guys really appreciate it.
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Celthora87GT

1485 posts
Member since Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

HP Tuner should indicate the revisions to the program that were made.

Not if i didnt make them i cant see them. Since it was their file its their revisions sadly.
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Start by getting a copy of your current tune open in hpt. Then open the files from the repository as compare files and use that to edit the tune you have already credited. You only need to license the repository files if you edit them and then want to save the changes. When it asks you to license them just click not now.
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Alright I am out of Ideas and completely frusturated. I edited my spark and VE and a few other small tables like the V change for injectors and such with the stock 2000 Regal GS file. changed the Lq4 MAF table I found in the repository and input 57.6 for my IFR table which is what they are supposed to be at apparently. (from someone on the HPT forum) and replaced the spark plug wires since I didnt know how old they were. same **** . starts okay then after 3 or 4 seconds it starts running SUPER poor sounding like terrible miss fires and eventually dies. I have new plugs which are probably fouled by now, I switched coils to make sure they are all golden and they are reading between 5.5 and 5.7 Kohms switch a known good ICM tried a bunch of different IFR tables and MAF tables that were supposedly set for the Lq4 maf. I cleaned the maf and the IAC valve, checked fuel pressure and I am getting ~52 at idle with the vac line off.

Honestly Im open to all ideas at this point. I can upload my tune if anyone is interested in looking it over.

Should I not have autolite 103s in right now? maybe I am running too cold of spark for my no boost tune ATM???

[This message has been edited by Celthora87GT (edited 04-27-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE:

Alright I am out of Ideas and completely frusturated. I edited my spark and VE and a few other small tables like the V change for injectors and such with the stock 2000 Regal GS file. changed the Lq4 MAF table I found in the repository and input 57.6 for my IFR table which is what they are supposed to be at apparently. (from someone on the HPT forum) and replaced the spark plug wires since I didnt know how old they were. same **** . starts okay then after 3 or 4 seconds it starts running SUPER poor sounding like terrible miss fires and eventually dies. I have new plugs which are probably fouled by now, I switched coils to make sure they are all golden and they are reading between 5.5 and 5.7 Kohms switch a known good ICM tried a bunch of different IFR tables and MAF tables that were supposedly set for the Lq4 maf. I cleaned the maf and the IAC valve, checked fuel pressure and I am getting ~52 at idle with the vac line off.

Honestly Im open to all ideas at this point. I can upload my tune if anyone is interested in looking it over.

Should I not have autolite 103s in right now? maybe I am running too cold of spark for my no boost tune ATM???

Which bin file did you start with? You need to start with a 1998 GTP bin file and ONLY edit Fuel Injector and MAF tables to start with.
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Which bin file did you start with? You need to start with a 1998 GTP bin file and ONLY edit Fuel Injector and MAF tables to start with.

Not sure. FieroFlyer made the harness and a can tune for me.
I tried asking him but no response
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried doing a CASE learn?

I am running a similar setup to yours, but found the 42lb injectors were going static. I wound up changing to 550cc/52lb injectors and found they are accurately sized for my setup. The 60lb injectors may be a little too large, but should still be tunable.

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cannot do a CASE learn because i dont have a neutral switch that runs to the computer. Nor a brake switch that does either. I think CASE learns are for newer pcms. Mine is from a 00 grand prix
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I cannot do a CASE learn because i dont have a neutral switch that runs to the computer. Nor a brake switch that does either. I think CASE learns are for newer pcms. Mine is from a 00 grand prix

I run a manual transmission and a ecu from a 2000 GTP. The car was randomly misfiring and the end result was to perform a CASE learn. That resolved the misfire.
Dave
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2015 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright i will see what happens when i get home. My worry is getting the engine temp to 160ish for the learn. Running that bad i dont want to damage anything in the process.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock