New distributor? by AwesomeNate666
Started on: 04-22-2015 12:23 PM
Replies: 8 (302 views)
Last post by: edfiero on 04-27-2015 02:03 PM
AwesomeNate666

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AwesomeNate666Send a Private Message to AwesomeNate666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My current distributor is pretty rusty under the cap so I'm looking to buy a new distributor, msd maybe but dint really matter. The only ones I'm finding are the vacuum advance ones and I'm pretty sure my 2.8 v6 distributor is be the vacuum advance. Anyone have any recommendations? (Brand, part number and where to get would be awesome and greatly appreciated) thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rust does not affect performance......surprisingly.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-2-113201.html
AwesomeNate666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AwesomeNate666Send a Private Message to AwesomeNate666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Cordone it is then. Yeah it seems to w I to ok now I'd just rather have a new one that looks nice. Even tho it would just be me seeing it when I change the cap....
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, there's no vacuum or mechanical advance on our distributors. It would look cool to have a nice billet MSD distributor, but they don't make one.

Your old one would probably clean up nicely but some people have had the magnets deteriorate and crumble; aftermarket the Cardone ones are good.
My88RedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently installed Cardone 84-1633 in my 88GT. So far, so good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pr...06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
AwesomeNate666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AwesomeNate666Send a Private Message to AwesomeNate666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah the msd is pretty sweet. I got other msd ignition parts and wanted to keep it all the same. Thanks for the info and the links fellas!
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just replaced my distributor O ring... Apparently my car has the Cardone distributor in there (comparing it to the pictures I see online) as it doesn't look like a factory one. I would recommend it.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping this distributor thread for a different question. I purchased a new distributor recently and it did not come with a wire pigtail to connect into the cars wiring harness. This is for an 84 Duke. Not sure if the V6's are different or not. I don't want to reuse the crudy, and brittle 30 year old wires from the old distributor. Does anyone have a source for the pigtail/connector that goes from the wiring harness to the disributor and connects into the ICM ??
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump - Can anyone suggest where to get a new pig tail from the distributor to the main wire harness? My new Duke distributor did not come with one.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock