Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Cosndering picking up a 92 camaro RS for the engine, but will it work?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Cosndering picking up a 92 camaro RS for the engine, but will it work? by coltonandrew
Started on: 04-21-2015 03:22 PM
Replies: 5 (217 views)
Last post by: Tuna Helper on 04-22-2015 11:33 PM
coltonandrew

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coltonandrewSend a Private Message to coltonandrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The question here is simple. I want to bump up the power of my 86 2.5 isuzu trans (5 speed) and the best donor I can currently find is this Camaro http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/4971640925.html but I don't know if the trans can hold up or if I can even put the auto built engine on a manual transmission. I've never done this before so please pardon the ignorance. What I do know though is I need a 4th gen camaro for the engine/ power ratio and limits I'm after.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chevrolet Camaro 4th generation starts in 1993.
coltonandrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coltonandrewSend a Private Message to coltonandrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh xD Well that aside. can an engine built for an automatic be mounted to a manual transmission without adapters and kits and things of the such?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. The Camaro/Firebird 3.4 built in 93-94-95 is the preferred pushrod 3.4 for Fieros. Trans in the donor car does not matter.

The 1992 engine will work too, but it is 3.1 liters if it is a V6.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 04-21-2015).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only thing usable is the short block. You would need to acquire all of the Fiero V6 bolt-ons, wiring harness and ECM, plus flywheel and a clutch package. You probably can't dispose of the body without a title and I've found that the bolt-ons for the engine just don't sell. I dumped all those parts of 2 engines after over a year of trying to sell them.
Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting rid of a title-less car depends on the scrapyard, if you take it in whole they will want a title, but I've seen cars chopped into pieces and scrapped without a title.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock