Disconnecting fuel Injectors by Dslice
Started on: 04-17-2015 04:05 PM
Replies: 2 (88 views)
Last post by: Dslice on 04-17-2015 04:31 PM
Dslice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DsliceSend a Private Message to DsliceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing my fuel injectors and have gotten to the part where I need to disconnect the connectors from injectors before I pull the rail. I was just wondering what technique do I use to unlock the connector from the injector? Do I squeeze the sides or use a screwdriver to lift a locking clip. Looking at the new injectors the tabs that lock the connectors on are on the sides. I know I'm being overly cautious, but these connectors are almost 30 years old and I really don't want to break something that is perhaps brittle from years of heat and age. Thought I'd ask first before I break something.

Thanks,

Rick

1986 GT v6

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are referring to the actual injector, press down on the metal clip (bar) and pull off.
Dslice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DsliceSend a Private Message to DsliceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, Thanks!.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock