ac compressor switch help by jon m
Started on: 04-15-2015 10:54 AM
Replies: 7 (331 views)
Last post by: jon m on 04-16-2015 03:44 PM
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi - I have received today a four seasons 57255 hr6 compressor and I need help bad.
on the back of the compressor where the pressure switches go 1 of the holes is blank now without jumping the gun and getting excited is it possible to get a single switch and pigtail to then connect my 2 wires on the car please see pics.

1st pic with the arrow showing the blanked hole also without the machined area for the internal o ring

2nd is my old unit at the bottom with arrows pointing to the 2 machined holes both with small holes for the switches to work

3rd is showing the blanked hole and other hole machined and small hole

Please can you give advice

Jon
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to info on Rockauto, should have 2 hp ports. Looks like they missed a machining step. I recently replaced mine, and it had both ports.
I would consider contacting 4 seasons directly. They should be embarrassed enough to send you a replacement.

------------------
'87 GT in process!

jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank you - I ordered from a ac suppliers in Miami (name withheld for the moment) and it appears that they sent four seasons part No 57254 instead of 57255.
I have just got off the phone with them and they told me just to stick one of the switches in and it will still work ??? that is why I wonder if you can now just buy 1 switch with a pig tail to connect to the original wires - however I am not convinced - so thinking that I will send back as it is still a wrong.

jon
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jon m

1188 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Bump to keep this at the top
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the switches is a high pressure cut-off, for safety purposes. The other switch closes at a much lower pressure, as a signal to turn on the fan. I believe the Fan switch is somewhat redundant, but still there for safety reasons. No fan will cause high pressures pretty fast, especially if you are converting to R134a. I've had the safety valve blow during a test when I didn't hav the fan or safety switch wired. That will scare you for sure!.

If it were me, I would make them send you the part you ordered, or refund your money and go somewhere else.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your advice.
I think I will return it as I am not happy with what the company has said to me in ways to rewire it and then proposing that the switches are hard to come by etc etc
Thanks again
Jon

88cryan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original switches are non existent anymore however there are alternative two wire switches that will work instead, search the forum for the exact part numbers if you want to replace them.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi 88cryan - I do have my original switches and are good and I have seen in other threads about the newer after market switches.
thanks for your reply
Jon

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock