3800sc oil Pressure ? by Scott2scott
Started on: 04-13-2015 09:09 PM
Replies: 23 (352 views)
Last post by: johnguzman1212 on 04-18-2015 06:06 AM
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok i got the car started after a starter problem. Turns out i didnt need a new starter . I just added more grounds and that did the trick. Car fires up right away now. My question is what is a good oil pressure? I took sender off and put guage on it and fired it up and with a alittle throttle im getting like 60 psi and when i let off and its drops down. And i when i unscrew the guage a little oil flows out sender hole. Im sure that shows pressured then and Im thinking everything is good and im gerting closer now to finish. Tomorrow i plan on cutting and welding up the exhaust system. And where can i find the v6 oil pressure sender to replace the stock 3800 one? The auto parts store says its dealer only part? Anyone has the aftermarket part number or info? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing a 3800SC swap and from what I've read it says to use a 1988 Fiero V6 sending unit. I guess the 88 has 3 prong as opposed to the 2 prong. I'm 99% sure it said to use the 88 V6 sending unit. I'm jealous, I'm not even started with my build. I'm still collecting parts. I lost my job due to a back injury so I have to save here and there. Good luck with your swap.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea i know its from an 88 v6 But the auto parts stores dont stock it. They say its not even in the system to order. They say dealer only part. Kinda wierd to me.
1shot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1shotSend a Private Message to 1shotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott,
You might want to try this. If your not in a hurry.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php
George
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Told you it wasnt the starter :-P

Mine has always run around 60 cold about 40psi warm. You dont need an 88 sender, Ive been running an 86 sender on mine since I first did the swap without a problem.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any three/four prong oil pressure sensor, not switch, will work, the 88 is just smaller. Just check it has the signal wire. Some of them look like sensors but the pressure signal pin is blank

^^^^^ First thing I told you in your thread was you did not have sufficient grounds

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 04-14-2015).]

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea yea i know lol. You know i looked and checked all the cables before i figured i was good i didnt see anything wrong. Plus the car did start coulpe times with that set up. So i didnt understand how it could just stop working out of tge blue. But after digging in my pile of parts and wires i found two already made ground cables so i figured what the heck let me throw some more on. Cant hurt. And bam it worked. I was kinda shocked . So was my family they came outside in shock they heard nothing but cussing and disapointment and then hear the exhaust less car wake the dead start . Lol
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found these part numbers when doing my research. Not sure if they are correct, but came from Pennock forum.: Oil Sender AC Delco D1808A. Pigtail ( if needed) PT121, 12085499, or PICO 5609PT. Summit has the pigtail ( also on Ebay)

Sender's available on Ebay.

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info.... ok heres what I got today.. my oil pressure is fine. Ichecked all fuilds iv full and good.. and when I start it other than being loud because of no exhaust yet. that's a given.. when I try to fire it up it wont just start I have to give it some gas and play with the throttle while someone else cranks it . and then I can keep it going with my hand its having trouble idleing by itself its choppy and when it does idle on its own its up and down revs abit then wants to stall then I use my hand and keep it going and then I let off and it stalls out.... sooo I put my code reading it to see if im getting any codes. and yes I am.. I have two of them... 403 and 405 both are egr.. well that's kinda funny because I don't have a egr system no more.. I removed it all and have two block off plates.. so im thinking that these codes have something to do with car running like crap or lack of running. lol and im pretty sure I said I was going to do egr delete when the computer and harness was being built. any ideas folks? if not not one thing its something else stopping me from driving this thing everyday its something... lol
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
look at what I found on google.... with these codes... The code may be accompanied by misfire under acceleration, rough idle, or engine dying altogether. .................... that's what I got going on here... its doing all that.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first thought is that if EGR was removed from the programming, you could not get an EGR code.
PFF
System Bot
1fast2m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you ask NAPA for a 88 sending unit they will hand you a 2 pin unit every time. you just gotta give them the Delco part # D1808A they should have them in stock .
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea that's what im thinking . I shouldn't be getting these codes and the harness has no plugs for them so its not like I can just put egr stuff back on and keep going.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
guess im dead in the water till i figured out why im getting egr codes on a car that has no erg system left on it and harness built with no egr plugs on it.. im thinking this egr issue is whats causing my car poor idle and wanting to stall and now wont start. but i get these code while trying to crank it. i guess ill work on building the exhaust today.. for a car that i still cant drive yet again.. lol
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Highly doubt EGR codes are the problem poor idle and stalling is usually a vacuum leak but until you have an exhaust on the engine to allow the O2 sensor to read properly you will not know for sure
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all vac lines are hooked up no leaks there... and guess what still no running car.. go figure didn't expect it to. still have egr codes coming up even after I take them off and soon as I start trying to crank this pig they come right back. po403 and po405 and now the the great paper weight of a car wont even start.. just cranks and cranks sound like it wants to kinda.. oh but if I use starter fuild it runs just fine till the fuild is gone then shuts down... form what I read sounds like we can add that it might be the vehicle theft system doing that.. I hate this car.. with each day that gos by . its funny a car always wanted since a child and now I hate it. isn't that ironic.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goodmorning . Well guess its an other day of trouble shooting for me yet again. I think i spend more time on this fiero than i do at my real job. One i make money at . And the other takes my money plus more. The fuero used to be called my mistress . That might be true if i enjoyed it. Iv renamed it to ex wife.
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need to check to make sure the fuel pump is running
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok so far i can turn the key and the fuel pump primes. ok here my question can i pump prime then for resone not run after that? like to keep the motor running? is this posible or if it primes then that means its all good. how does the pump now after prime to back on and keep pumping?
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
fuel pump is priming and running fine. also checked the power at fuse box and on the computer on pins 19 and 20 again. there good also. so I know its not a fuel problem. still have the egr codes. and the car will start and run off starter fuild. but when I try to just start normal with the key it cranks and cranks then kinda trys to start but cant... what about the anti theft mode system?
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
How about the irc thing under coil packs ? Does that control more than just spark? Coułd that be bad?
PFF
System Bot
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ment the icm
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
Car still wont start so i think im goin to replace the crank senor , icm , and check fuel injectors maybe there not opening. Since i can get the car to start and run off started fuild
johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure Icm has power the blue wire I believe . Icm maybe bad I'm having trouble with my car too if you have another switch it out. Check make sure crank sensor camshaft sensor and all sensors are working right. Could be the vats anti also it won't fire the injectors.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock