Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Fiero GT (stock v6 2.8) Vacuum Lines, Which Best? Rodney's or Fierostore?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero GT (stock v6 2.8) Vacuum Lines, Which Best? Rodney's or Fierostore? by Ponnari
Started on: 04-13-2015 03:15 PM
Replies: 11 (937 views)
Last post by: Rodney on 04-23-2015 12:34 PM
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would like opinions from people that have actually used Rodney's or the Fierostore's metal vacuum lines. Which do you think are the best?

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There will be very few of us who have used both. I have Rodney's SS set and am very happy with them. The EGR valve line needs some serious re-bending.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 04-13-2015).]

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2015 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Gall757 for great pic and info, yes, just looking for input on either or, and any issues like you had.

Hoping for someone that has used both over the years, or someone that chose one set over the other for specific reason(s)

From doing research here, I'm leaning toward Rodney's

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 04-13-2015).]

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone have input on the FieroStore's metal vacuum lines?
or additional comments on Rodney's?
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had Rodney's stainless lines. The big PCV line was too long, I contacted him and he sent me another which was the correct length. Kudos to him for good service.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see in the picture Gall757 provided that it appears that the 88 exhaust system has the EGR farther away from the engine. I used a 87 2.8 and the 87 2.8 exhaust to mock up these vac lines many years ago. I think what I can probably do is supply a short piece of the small (4 mm) stainless steel vac line (maybe about an inch long) and a short length of rubber hose for those with the 88. Added on to the end of the EGR line it would make the 90 degree nipple appear to be longer.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And there ya go! Buy from a real person, willing to adjust things or buy from some corporation who has probably never been to PFF. (Or I could be wrong about the Fiero Store. I've never personally had any issues with them.)
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what it's worth, my rule of thumb is to always check Rodney's site first and see if he has what I need. If he doesn't, then I'll go to the Fiero Store. I've always been satisfied with both of them!

------------------
Rod Schneider, Ball Ground, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1988 Porsche 928S4
1987 Corvette
2001 Chrysler 300M
Van's RV-6 airplane

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the above confirms what I have always thought. I have purchased several items from Rodney and have always been pleased!

Thanks for the input everyone!
My88RedGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for Rodney's. Installed them on my 88GT and I too had to bend the EGR line a little... The EGR is one long line. If memory serves, I had to trim a little off the EGR line because it was too long. Better too long than short.
PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I updated my web page and now include extra short stainless steel tube piece and rubber hose to extend the EGR line:

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...th=22&products_id=86

If anyone that has bought my vacuum line kit needs this extension kit let me know and I'll send you one N/C.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: