2.8 v6 timing cover gasket material by lordbg0205
Started on: 04-07-2015 02:37 PM
Replies: 3 (140 views)
Last post by: unboundmo on 04-08-2015 01:48 AM
lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2015 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to redo my timing cover gasket due to leaking coolant, used a felpro blue paper one last time with a bit of back rtv smeared on both sides, any suggestions on other gaskets or rtv? Felpro seems so thin, maybe something a bit thicker. Also gonna send the cover to the machine shop to make sure its flat and knick free. Good idea or not good idea? Thankyou

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieromatty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2015 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just make sure the surface is clean. I use the GOLD rtv on mine and never have any problems.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Felpro gasket, with some black RTV on both sides, is exactly what I use. It should work well, assuming the mating surfaces are clean, and you use the proper bolt tightening sequence.

Also, be sure to let the sealant cure completely before refilling the coolant or running the engine.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 04-07-2015).]

unboundmo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2015 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last rebuild I used felpro there also with a small bead of high temp rtv and didn't have any leaks.. But since a blown head gasket (felpro) and a rebuild.. I'm all victor reinz gaskets now... The water pump and timing cover gaskets weren't paper... It's more of a rubber paper. Im pleased to see something different

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock