Fiero enthusiasts SEATTLE by JeffGT
Started on: 04-05-2015 01:48 PM
Replies: 6 (300 views)
Last post by: lorennerol on 04-06-2015 11:25 PM
JeffGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffGTSend a Private Message to JeffGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill start off by saying im a huge fan of the forum.
Was wondering if anybody is around the Seattle are and willing to take a look at my fiero. I'm no mechanic, but have some extensive knowledge, even my step dad scratches his head at fieros and he's literary a car guru in magazines. Anyways, I have the high idle, replaced egr, tps. I need to replace sensors, there is a tube coming from under under my intake that is disconnected I couldn't figure out if it was from the recall or part of egr or crank case. Clutch pedal acts up, bleed the clutch, checked for leaks, nothing, I'm assuming pedal is bent. Basically everyone who's looked at it acts as if it's a damn space ship so I figured id turn to someone who knows better than these ding dongs.
1986 Fiero SE 2.8L V6
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take a picture of the line that is disconnected, there are a few under there. Probably just a vacuum leak, throw a gauge on it or spray some starting fluid aroung the vac lines

The clutch pedal should sit just a bit higher than the brake pedal

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 04-05-2015).]

JeffGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffGTSend a Private Message to JeffGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced vacc lines with Rodney dickmans have check for leaks with no signs. Checked timing with timing light and read 35° advanced but it was a cheap rotary light and figured that sounded too high must have read it wrong. It has a erratic idle when cold between 2000-1500RPM and warm it sets back down too around 1100 but dies easily. when the rpm drops it seems like electrical power does as well. Tends to die alot at rando. Times hot or cold only while idling or in N though. Pedal sits right above break don't have the time to take it off and check.
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have to jumper A and B on the ALDL to set base timing
JeffGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffGTSend a Private Message to JeffGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had done so.
Here are pictures of the two disconnected hoses
ILVMYGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2015 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jet City Fieros meets the second Wednesday of the month at the XXX Drive In in Issaquah. We usually get burgers at 6:00 and the meeting starts at 7:00. Bring your car and ask questions.

------------------
88 GT 5 Speed Black with gray interior
3800 SCII Swap Complete.
Paint Complete
Detailing in Progress

IT RUNS!!
IT'S QUICK!!

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not."

lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2015 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ILVMYGT:

Jet City Fieros meets the second Wednesday of the month at the XXX Drive In in Issaquah. We usually get burgers at 6:00 and the meeting starts at 7:00. Bring your car and ask questions.

+1

It would be great to see you at our meeting this Wednesday and help you get this puzzle solved.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock