Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Engine Swap for Fuel Economy AANNNDDD capable of handling turbo?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Engine Swap for Fuel Economy AANNNDDD capable of handling turbo? by coltonandrew
Started on: 04-03-2015 08:01 PM
Replies: 1 (153 views)
Last post by: FieroLou on 04-03-2015 08:07 PM
coltonandrew

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coltonandrewSend a Private Message to coltonandrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a basic piss in the wind post. I want to do an engine swap on my 86 base model 2.5 5 speed.

I would love to find a torquey 4 banger that can handle moderate mid range boost (T3)

I have not started anything on the potential build, and it is my daily driver. I was wondering is anyone knew of any good engines that are 'plug and play' with minimal fabrication but that also might leave space for a good turbo build.

I don't want to spin the tires every day, and Id like to hover in the high 20s low 30s for mpgs. Its a lot to ask, so Im just seeing if anyone know of any engines capable of this.

Thank you!

Ideal power range after a full build is 220 bhp, though I will probably have to step to a v6 for that.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroLou

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLouSend a Private Message to FieroLouEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It isn't exactly "Plug and play" but I know the GM Ecotec line has been swapped in. They were often turboed stock. Low displacement, and hopefully decent MPG

Others have swapped in the Quad 4 motor. I am aware they are often built to be really high horsepower. I don't know where the mileage numbers would come in. I've also read it is not an "easy" swap either.

Depends what you mean by plug and play.

Cheers!

------------------
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2M4

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay