Jet Chip module more horse power fact of bull by FGT88
Started on: 03-31-2015 11:23 AM
Replies: 10 (344 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 04-02-2015 02:29 PM
FGT88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FGT88Send a Private Message to FGT88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the Jet Chip module plug and play will I get more horse power? should I install it does anyone out in Fiero land has one installed ? or just sell it for scrap?
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't speak to JET chip in a Fiero, but have used them in other cars and there is no noticable different in the SOP monitor or in crude stop light to stop light wrist watch timings. perhaps on a track with an official timer, you might pick up .001 sec.

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waste of money.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I've heard all they do is richen the fuel mixture a bit.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good bet, a Waste of money. will you FEEL the difference, probably NOT. you might only see your MPG go Down.
FGT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FGT88Send a Private Message to FGT88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FGT88:

I have the Jet Chip module plug and play will I get more horse power? should I install it does anyone out in Fiero land has one installed ? or just sell it for scrap?
Thanks

Thanks for the help I thought so too

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might make you Fiero faster, since you wallet will be a little lighter!! LOL

Serious, they were all the rage twenty years ago and people were buying them like crazy. I was one. It did nothing to the car. In fact fuel mileage dropped. The OEM programming is optimized.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about the Jet chip, but for example the Hypertech chip adds timing in the upper RPM range at WOT, no change in fueling.
(I have read the code)
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just think of it this way.... if provides more HP and more MPG, why wouldn't the manufacturer have used one to begin with.....

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Just think of it this way.... if provides more HP and more MPG, why wouldn't the manufacturer have used one to begin with.....

They kinda did, the ICM for the 88 has a bit more timing in the upper rpms (not verified)
And manufactures tend to tune on the safe side, that all being said GM did a good job at tuning their ECMs
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

They kinda did, the ICM for the 88 has a bit more timing in the upper rpms (not verified)
And manufactures tend to tune on the safe side, that all being said GM did a good job at tuning their ECMs

Not sure if it matters, but 2.8l 88s were also internally balanced.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock