fan not running by mark schuyler sipe
Started on: 03-28-2015 06:38 PM
Replies: 8 (236 views)
Last post by: theogre on 03-29-2015 12:15 PM
mark schuyler sipe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mark schuyler sipeSend a Private Message to mark schuyler sipeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have indy fiero # 374. so, it's getting warmer and decided to get a new battery and fill up the motor and trans. it 's been sitting in the garage over the winter and hasn't been started in a few months. everything seems ok except I couldn't get the fan to run.I turned on the a.c. and it worked fine but still no fan. I hooked the fan to a battery and it runs. any suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Checked the fan relay?
Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second the relay, mines hooked up with a toggle switch because it doesn't come on soon enough
mark schuyler sipe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mark schuyler sipeSend a Private Message to mark schuyler sipeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no. I thought the a.c and fan ran on the same relay in a 1984.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know what you're doing, but so far you've posted this same question four different times. I'm sure it's by accident... but hopefully you can figure out what's triggering this.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84 w/ AC use three switches and two relays inside one part to control two speed fan motor.

Start w/ See my Cave, Rad Fan

Both speed dead then check fuse and front grounds. maybe relay or relay's red wire. Already test motor...

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
idk how to fix this, but im sure making multiple threads doesnt help
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our fan motors are very old, and sometimes they die. It died on my 88 coupe. If you can't find another Fiero fan, you can mount one of these on the Fiero fan frame, after a little cutting of the frame:

Spal 30100400 16" Low Profile Fan
Uses less electric power, and moves more air than a Fiero fan.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:
idk how to fix this, but im sure making multiple threads doesnt help

Maybe but Often is not user... The Device, browser or even ISP w/ problems causing reposting.
This thread... Started on : 03-28-2015
05:02 PM first
06:38 PM this because had most posts
07:09 PM
07:11 PM
With exact same text.

PFF only limits posting under 1 minute between posts.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 03-29-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock