Inner Door Handle Broken by PacNWFiero
Started on: 03-28-2015 05:02 PM
Replies: 4 (177 views)
Last post by: echocharliepapa on 04-26-2015 05:19 PM
PacNWFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PacNWFieroSend a Private Message to PacNWFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys!

I have an 88 formula with a busted inner door handle ( the end of it snapped off, and I am trying to fix it. I have purchased the replacement part on TFS, but there are what I believe are rivets holding the old one on and I have no knowledge of how to remove them. I will post a picture if someone who knows how to post a picture tells me how.
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
drill the rivet in the center--on the back part of the handle is a clip that holds the rod that opens the door latch remove clip and save--install new handle using rivets or screws and attach rod and secure with clip
sent you a pm with instructions
------------------
Pat Jones

[This message has been edited by 88FieroGT TTops (edited 03-28-2015).]

echocharliepapa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for echocharliepapaSend a Private Message to echocharliepapaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey TTops, mind sharing those instructions, or shooting them my way?
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
drill out 2 rivets to remove part hold screw for trim. Is easy to drill when attach to the door.
drill out 1 rivet hold handle to door.

replace 1 rivet w/ small bolt and nut. That takes load to open the door. Screw here can come loose.
replace 2 rivets w/ sheet-metal etc screws. the bracket only holds the trim.

be careful you don't loose clip etc.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

echocharliepapa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for echocharliepapaSend a Private Message to echocharliepapaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you think it's necessary to use lock washers on the bolts/screws I'm replacing the rivets with? This car does have a small vibration that has loosened, among other things: a little allen wrench set I had in the glove compartment, the screw on the side mirror adjuster, the top half of the cigarette lighter, the coil inside an e-cig I kept in the car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock