Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Calling all 4.9 swap people. Assistance please.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Calling all 4.9 swap people. Assistance please. by 87GT2M6
Started on: 03-28-2015 11:11 AM
Replies: 4 (286 views)
Last post by: 87GT2M6 on 03-30-2015 07:20 PM
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a small leak and supposedly its coming from the oil filter adapter and the part is called the oil filter adapter gasket, which I think are o-rings.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I can't seem to find this part anywhere. The Cadillac dealer says its discontinued and I need to go aftermarket but like I said I can't find it.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not o-rings, more like rubber barrels or pieces of tubing. They may not be available separately, but are included in the top gasket set. The barrels are compressed during installation to provide a good seal against the pressure.
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Not o-rings, more like rubber barrels or pieces of tubing. They may not be available separately, but are included in the top gasket set. The barrels are compressed during installation to provide a good seal against the pressure.

how do I search for that, I did a top gasket set for the 4.9 and to many things should up don't know how to narrow it down. Would you have a brand and item number for this?

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Felpro gaskets are always the first choice......
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pictures of where the oil leak is emanating from, however I can't pin point which of the 4 bolts is the culprit.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock