getting a car from point Oklahoma City to Ft Wayne, IN by kgoodyear
Started on: 03-25-2015 08:47 PM
Replies: 6 (128 views)
Last post by: hobbywrench on 03-26-2015 02:34 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to get my Fiero from Oklahoma City to Ft Wayne, IN. While I do have a pickup it isn't heavy enough to tow the car the 900 miles. Places like car rental places don't provide for towing with their trucks. Any ideas?

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
get the smallest u haul van or truck with ball and trailer . its cheaper than shipping it. there are only so many options when your own truck cant do it.. I hate renting trailers but since I live in deed restricted community now. I had to sell my cargo trailers and flatbed car hauler... so now I have to rent them as I need them.. what I pain in the butt.. I feel your pain man.
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
U-haul will rent a truck trailer combo. They even have an app to determine if your car can be towed. The Fiero is light so you shouldn't have any trouble. I've looked into this many times while browsing ebay motors.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got some good news guys. I was actually watching Netflix the other day and they had a program called "Shipping Wars". I went to this website and was able to find a shipper that would haul it for around $600

https://www.uship.com/quote...67447a8e882348dcf870

It would be a 12 hour drive for me plus fuel, rental of trailer and truck and the time to do it. No way I could do it for that price.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
600 isn't as cheap as u think for only 900 miles I can get cars shipped from south florida to boston, mass for less than that..
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm all ears!! I'm looking at probably a month out from Oklahoma City to Sinister performance in FT Wayne, Indiana.
hobbywrench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hobbywrenchSend a Private Message to hobbywrenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have shipped the Fiero Chicago to LA and vice versa years back, and a Pont from Portland OR to La Mesa CA couple years back. Always truck always no problem. Last time I contacted a new car dealer to find out how they bring in new cars a customer wants. This worked out. There are commercial companies, but the problem is finding one to trust. Years ago I used Trucks n Trains. Don't know if they are still in business. Try the new car dealer route for a source.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock