Oil Leak by earp
Started on: 03-21-2015 06:19 PM
Replies: 3 (127 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 03-23-2015 12:56 PM
earp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2015 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for earpSend a Private Message to earpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the new fuel pump installed in a nice clean tank. Engine started, but now the 2.5 has developed an oil leak somewhere
in the "middle" of the engine. I can't really see the source clearly. Could this be a leaky pressure sending unit? If so how do I get to it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2015 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could be the valve cover gasket, on my 85 2M4 that had sat several years before I got it the valve cover gasket was all dried out and leaked badly. If you replace it use the rubber, most expensive Fel pro gasket.
earp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for earpSend a Private Message to earpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks !

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valvecover gaskets are usually the first oil gasket to leak on any engine I've ever had, its a good bet. If you replace it I recommend the ribbed blue one from Fel Pro, not cork.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock