Vacuum lines by Harley95
Started on: 03-18-2015 06:10 AM
Replies: 19 (667 views)
Last post by: Harley95 on 03-20-2015 10:32 AM
Harley95

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
does anyone have a diagram of the V6 vacuum lines, I want to check all of them for leaks but don't remember them all. working on Pop's Formula as a little kid I can't recall, his was complete and left stock, mine however is a little molested. also I need some help hooking up the vapor canister as it was unhooked by PO(s).
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should find a diagram on a sticker....bottom side of your deck lid.

Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew you were going to say that Gall, I don't quite get the one on the decklid. oh and would you happen to know how to hook up cruise control. PO really laid into the vacuum lines.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front of the car is the bottom of the diagram.....so the line they call the 'purge hose' is the brown line in the other drawing. The Canister lines should run along the trunk wall, but they may be missing on your car.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-18-2015).]

Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
everything is still in place just a long of missing hoses, oh and Gall have you ever hear injectors make a funny sounds other then a click?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no, but I would think they are sticky if they buzzz or hummm.

Can you post a picture of your car?
Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here's one after a wash it was before I had my accident falling asleep which I lucked out on only breaking a side marker. I need to fix the driver side door trim too, all the hangers snapped when I was washing it one day. yeah a couple of the injectors sound like they are buzzing, I think I'm going to drop the tank this weekend and replace the fuel pump and some of the hoses along with the filter.

Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like Spring is coming.....maybe a better picture in a couple of weeks...
Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
she gets out everyday, just not purring much these days though -_-, needs a total repaint too because of an incompetant clear coat that looks like dried sunburnt skin. I'm hoping that I can get the tank out easy myself and clean up the injectors, Pop and I dropped his years ago on his Formula, but no help this time around. what all parts should I replace in the tank would you recomand Gall? and is there anyway to test the pump or just replace it.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can test the pump with a pressure gauge on the fuel rail. If you drop the tank, there is no way I would leave the pump in....they are cheap. Use the SEARCH feature and check in the archives to see how people did this in the past. You can rebuild your sender unit too, once you are in there...but if your pump is showing 40 psi (key on, engine off) and your fuel gauge works...no reason to go in there.
Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats weird then, I couldn't quite get the gauge to go on the schrader valve easily, but it did show 40 psi key on, I'll have to try it again I just don't want to break it. I don't understand what would be going on with my injectors then other then maybe a crazy ICM, my fuel gauge is pegged past full though. oh found a picture from a car show when she was running like a champ.

[This message has been edited by Harley95 (edited 03-18-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Harley95

135 posts
Member since Jul 2014
oh and Gall this might help too. She did this to me before the exact same symptoms to be precise, she kept gradually losing more and more power and stumbling so I took her to my apparently very overpaid mechanic who replaced the plug wires, rotor button, distributor cap, fuel filter, some fouled plugs, and all the injectors, he also said he blew out the fuel lines. does that give you any ideas of what my problem might be? I replaced the ignition coil myself and it helped a little bit. edit: oh and for some reason it seems that the air intake has become extremely loud.

gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Harley95:

oh and Gall this might help too. She did this to me before the exact same symptoms to be precise, she kept gradually losing more and more power and stumbling so I took her to my apparently very overpaid mechanic who replaced the plug wires, rotor button, distributor cap, fuel filter, some fouled plugs, and all the injectors, he also said he blew out the fuel lines. does that give you any ideas of what my problem might be? I replaced the ignition coil myself and it helped a little bit. edit: oh and for some reason it seems that the air intake has become extremely loud.

I'm no expert here, but 2 things worth checking.
egr stuck open can cause some funky intake noise, loss of power stumbling.
or clogged cat?
Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
actually I think the PO killed the cat, it looks to have a piece of flex pipe in its place, how do I check the EGR again? I can flex it up and down but don't know too much about it.

gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

actually I think the PO killed the cat, it looks to have a piece of flex pipe in its place, how do I check the EGR again? I can flex it up and down but don't know too much about it.

you have the right idea, easy check is to flex the diagrapham up, should run bad at that point. let go and it should go down close and seal, then run nice again. If the flex tube that runs to it is busted or cracked, unwanted air can get past it and cause problems for you. at idle, it should not be trying to open the valve, if it is perhaps there is a solenoid or vac. line problem/mixup

Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gen2muchwork:

you have the right idea, easy check is to flex the diagrapham up, should run bad at that point. let go and it should go down close and seal, then run nice again. If the flex tube that runs to it is busted or cracked, unwanted air can get past it and cause problems for you. at idle, it should not be trying to open the valve, if it is perhaps there is a solenoid or vac. line problem/mixup

I meant the catalytic converter was replaced with flex tube. I don't get anything out of the EGR by moving the digrapham up and down.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

replaced the plug wires, rotor button, distributor cap, fuel filter, some fouled plugs, and all the injectors, he also said he blew out the fuel lines. does that give you any ideas?

except for the injectors, all that hardware needs periodic replacement anyway.....they should not stick if they are rebuilt or new. The computer fires the injectors by grounding the circuit, so you may want to check the ground wires coming out of the computer for a clean tight fit.
Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah but about three months seems a soon, I'll poke my head under the hood and see what I can turn up, I'll try and check the ECM grounds but I'm not too sure what I'm looking for. Thanks for the advice Gall, lets see if we can get this kitty purring again.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You want to check on G201 and G202.....described in the Ogre's Cave here....

http://home.comcast.net/~fierocave/ecmwire.htm
Harley95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Harley95Send a Private Message to Harley95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for all the advice Gall and everyone else, all the plans just got postponed due to lack of good paychecks, I'll check out the grounds but everything else will have to wait till next week unfortunately.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock