Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
   one bolt is in my way of 3800sc rubs belt near crank??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
one bolt is in my way of 3800sc rubs belt near crank?? by Scott2scott
Started on: 03-17-2015 07:20 PM
Replies: 11 (188 views)
Last post by: Scott2scott on 03-18-2015 05:07 PM
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so I finshed everything and found the belts needed and put them on. but one thing is stopping me from fireing this thing up.. there a bolt for some plastic thingy behide the crank pulley and sticks out right at the top left of crank. and the belt cross right in the middle of it. it would eat the belt for sure.. any ideas ? I wish I could post pics but it wont let me.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott2scott:

so I finshed everything and found the belts needed and put them on. but one thing is stopping me from fireing this thing up.. there a bolt for some plastic thingy behide the crank pulley and sticks out right at the top left of crank. and the belt cross right in the middle of it. it would eat the belt for sure.. any ideas ? I wish I could post pics but it wont let me.

Every 3800 has that I'm pretty sure, just looked at mine... You don't have it routed right, the water pump spins COUNTER ClOCKWISE. The belt will not rub if you route it right. Over the water pump first.

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im pretty sure I have it ran right. I have the alt. in stock spot, im using a shorter belt. 83.5 in long. to make up for no ps pulley . it and yes the waterpump is going counterclock wise the way I have it. it comes up from harmonic balancer. upto and over tensioner then down and under the waterpump around and upto alt. then over that and down to my ac delete bypass pulley and then back to the harmonic balancer.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
I did what .. 87GT3800SC5SPD did with his swap.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow man! You got that swap done in what?, Like a weeks time? Super fast man....Super fast!

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i had same problem I cut it it belongs to the plastic cover or I trimmed down but its not in way anymore. look close at it you will figure it out easy fix
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea im goin to trim it down. And no it hasnt been a week . I wish it was lol i pulled old engine out like 2 months ago. And the fasback switch Then didnt touch it for awhile But yes last two weeks or so iv been pulling long days to finish the swap inbetween work and everyday life. There been some sleepless nights working on the car. Lol But after this one bolt gets out of my way tomorrow . The swap should be done
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
well I figured that out from the guy who made the post like 12 years ago. cut it off at bolt head and made a little bracket to hold the plastic back now everything clears. but the rib pulley I got to replace the smooth one on tensioner pulley to run shorter belt is abit bigger so now the belt I worked so hard to find is to small. it was already a fight to get that 83.5 in. belt on . now I thnk I need an 84in. but other than that im done. then start up.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea what you're talking about...

sorry

-Mitch

EDIT TO ADD: Although my AC pulley does rub my coolant hose on the passenger side and has eaten two of them...

------------------
My Car - 87' GT - 3800sc - Flat Black - Lowered
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/121571.html#p0

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 03-18-2015).]

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there is this plastic shield behide the the bal. and my belt runs from crank up . im running an 83.5 belts. I have nothing where the ps was. no delete pulley. just bypassed all tpgether. and when u do that u have the change out the smooth idler tensioner pulley to a ribbed one. because the belt otherside hits it now. I would love u upload pics. but for some resone. this new computer with win. 8 gives me a hard time. so I give up . I rather work on cars then sit an be beat by a computer. lol
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've delt with 3800 engines for awhile and haven't seen such a thing, until I searched for an image of the way you routed your belts then I came up with a picture of someone that did the same..

I didn't know it even stuck out that far, but I assume you mean you routed your belt similar to this and it interfers with area I circled there?

------------------
86 Fiero GT: 3800sc/Manual, Cam/Mods.

PFF
System Bot
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes just like that. and yes that little bolt was in the way of the belt. but I took it off cut the plastic back and made a metal arm bracket thingy to hold the plastic back now. its all good. but now have wire problems blowing fuses. I hate this swap..... I wish I didn't do it. waste of major time and money. non stop problems.. its a time and money pit. and still doesn't run. lol

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock