3.4 pr. 272 cam 7730 ecm issues by ragging_fiero
Started on: 03-16-2015 07:44 PM
Replies: 10 (434 views)
Last post by: JCircs on 03-19-2015 04:00 AM
ragging_fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ragging_fieroSend a Private Message to ragging_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been slaving away on my 88 GT to get it back on the road. I have been having troubles getting the 7730 ecm to work with this setup I have in the fiero now.

I have a 3.4 pr. with a 272 cam in it and can't seem to get it running and at this point i believe that it is the tuning on the ecm.

I have a basic $88 tune and I do have DIS setup on it as well and was wondering if anyone has done such a swap and has the ecm working with this setup.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most people with DIS run the $A1 ...also someone has improved the A1 on another forum.... Perhaps you should download the one for the 3.1 MPFI motor and go from there...

Does the engine run if you spray carb-cleaner into the intake?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$88 is for a distributor.

A1 is DIS

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 03-17-2015).]

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am running a similar setup, 3.4 p/r, 260 cam, dis on an $88 code mask tuned by sinister and it runs great. Took about 11 tries to get it right tho.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a 3.4 pr 272 cam 7730 ECM and dis tuned by Sinister and it ran great before and after I turbo'd it.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 03-17-2015).]

LostNotForgotton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 3.4 with a 7730 and DIS. I also had Sinister tune mine using $88. You may have to start at the basics and double check your wiring especially wires that are critical for the car to start. Also make sure you are using a knock sensor from the ECM's donor car. You can also check the knock sensor wiring.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
http://www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

ragging_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ragging_fieroSend a Private Message to ragging_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been talking to Sinister about this and figured I should ask around first and see if anyone is a couple more steps ahead on the tuning.

He did say he was willing to do it and since a lot of people have had good luck with him. I should as well try it too.
ragging_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ragging_fieroSend a Private Message to ragging_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ragging_fiero

146 posts
Member since Aug 2013
Would you JCircs might have the tune before the turbo when it was running well?

I really appreciate the comment as well on this subject.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I was searching through my email archives I realized I didn't add the 7730 till after the turbo. I did locate bin files but there all for the 3.4, 272 cam, dis, with turbo.
ragging_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ragging_fieroSend a Private Message to ragging_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you JCircs know which masking code you used? the $A1 or $88?
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea, I just loaded the files he sent me to my prom.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock