1987 GT coolant fan temp?? by NightMare Cruiser
Started on: 03-16-2015 01:41 PM
Replies: 83 (3343 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-24-2015 04:34 PM
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, it's winter in BC, what do you expect? The same behavior as summer in Nairobi?

Run an excessively cold fan switch because it helps you sleep at night. Lots of people sleep really soundly with 1950's Hot Rodder Bible under the pillow. Just don't even for a moment pretend your choice has anything to do with automotive engineering - what you are doing is completely and 100% contrary to good automotive design.
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

Dude, it's winter in BC, what do you expect? The same behavior as summer in Nairobi?

Check a map. I don't live north of the Arctic Circle. I dare say that the weather in Vancouver for a good part of the year is a lot warmer than in many parts of the States.

For you to imply that your "science" doesn't measure up with what I've observed with my own Fieros only because it's so supposedly cold here is grasping at straws. If it was as cold here as you seem to suggest, I would never have had any impetus to investigate options in regards to fan switches.

Run an excessively cold fan switch because it helps you sleep at night.

What helps you sleep at night... coming across as an arrogant ass?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-24-2015).]

thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What helps me sleep at night is learning about how things work, applying that to my life, and making decisions based on facts rather than my interpretations of what I think is happening. I'm sure your sample set of three Fieros in one part of the world over the course of a few years has value, it *likely* pales in comparison to the tens of millions of cars GM sold all over the world configured identically. Or, for that matter, your three Fieros prior to you owning them. But, like they say, you do you.

[This message has been edited by thesameguy (edited 03-24-2015).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What helps me sleep at night is learning about how things work...

Perhaps you could focus for awhile on some interpersonal skills.

Okay, I'm done here for now. Need to put on the parka and go chip ice off my Formula's rad fan.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock