Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  2.8 Wont run at anything close to an idle speed. was idling and running great

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
2.8 Wont run at anything close to an idle speed. was idling and running great by jjolman
Started on: 03-13-2015 05:16 PM
Replies: 5 (174 views)
Last post by: AL68 on 03-15-2015 12:02 AM
jjolman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjolmanSend a Private Message to jjolmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one day it died, will only start with 3 batterys spinning fast and use starting fluid. once it's running if you keep the rpm up it pulls smooth and runs well, but if I let the rpm drop it shuts off like I turned off the key. the way it shuts off seem only electrical as adding throttle has zero effect. I ruled out vacuum leaks because once it starts to die the throttle has no effect (like someone turned off the key) replaced coil, icm, .... it has fuel, plugs are wet (fuel) when I pull them out
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it a 2.8? If it is check your 2 injector fuses.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Start with 3 batteries? I hope that does not mean what I think it might mean.
Twinpilot001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Twinpilot001Send a Private Message to Twinpilot001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check /=replace tps??
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were those (3 ) batteries connected in series or parallel ? Juuuuuust curious...... #$@%

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjolman:

.... it has fuel, plugs are wet (fuel) when I pull them out

might have a ruptured fuel pressure regulator if it's a v6, sucking fuel into engine

unplug vacuum hose to regulator & see if the end is wet with fuel or if any fuel leaks
out of the regulator when you turn on the key

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock