shift knob questions by 88 fiero formula
Started on: 03-13-2015 12:25 AM
Replies: 6 (534 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 03-13-2015 11:27 PM
88 fiero formula

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 fiero formulaSend a Private Message to 88 fiero formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im looking for a fairly cheap shift knob. The factory knob isnt very comfortable to me. Preferably a round style. All I can find are for JDM. The thread on the fiero shifter is to small for the skunk2 aluminum knob I got but to big for any if the adaptors. They dont even sell adaptors that fit advice? Other knobs that fit? Preferably some form of metal and fairly weighted
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not a round one, but I got a Hurst T shift knob that fit. It came in metric size, not then SAE size, and fit perfectly.

[This message has been edited by johnt671 (edited 03-13-2015).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Years ago I got one like this from eBay. Seller was from Brazil. Have not seen them in some time :
ILVMYGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero shifter threads are 16 x 1.5. Ebay has a lot of shift knobs that have those threads. I bought a round grey pearl knob a while back.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.h...&ghostText=&_sacat=0

DisplacementIsKing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisplacementIsKingSend a Private Message to DisplacementIsKingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Years ago I got one like this from eBay. Seller was from Brazil. Have not seen them in some time :

Looks good.
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cut off my shifter and turned down a piece of steel to 12mm. Threaded it and welded back into the shifter assembly. Then said F it and made my own shifter out of aluminum. Originally went to the 12mm thread size BC 16x1.5 is so odd.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Detainabull:

... the 16x1.5 is so odd.

Pretty much every shifter ball, knob or handle can be gotten with that here...
http://www.americanshifter....om-shift-knob-opaque

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock