Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  3800sc 4 speed wiring harness connections??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800sc 4 speed wiring harness connections?? by Scott2scott
Started on: 03-10-2015 11:43 AM
Replies: 12 (230 views)
Last post by: Scott2scott on 03-12-2015 11:37 AM
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok iv been tryin to hook my harnesss up since 6am At this point i think iv figured out most but coulpe wires i cant find where they go. I have all 3 plugs into throttle body but on the same peice of little look theres a long wire with a light green push plug with two wire ??? And then my alt. plug on new harness is abit bigger and diff. Shape than the one that came off my alt? So can i just cut that off and put mine on it to make it work? And one more wire im lost about on crank senor harness right it light green with 3 holes i dont see where this gos? Plus it the same spot the oil pan has that senor thing on side i have that fits that? I cant put pics up pip wont let me browse my pics . Any help would be great . Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who made your harness?
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figured it out. I think rather switch an engine then deal with wiring . holy crap. so im hooking up the batt cables for pos. and neg. little unsure about it. the red pos. gos to the starter. but where do I bolt the black theres a big black wire pretty close to the pos red down there does that bolt to the motor? I think so? and closer to the battery there a smaller black one on same black line. so I guess tht would go to the body? im pretty sure im right . its better to be safe than sorry.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott, before you crank that sucker, did you prime the oil pump? There are detailed instructions on how to do that on this forum.

Just want to make sure.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like fill oil filter and plug spark plugs and crank motor for coulpe secs. That should prime it. Didnt do anything today been sick in bed till 3pm .
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott, I hope you feel better soon.

I was thinking of doing that too but I saw threads on a method to prime the oil filter by hand cranking the engine backwards. I'm sure if you search you can find it.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea i read that. I also read that you shouldnt rotate the motor backwards
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really ? No backward rotation eh? Where did you see that? I already rotated the crank both backward and forward while the engine was on the stand without plugs in it. Hopefully I didnt harm it. Let Me know how your priming goes and please send me detailed info on how you did it. How long was your motor out of service? Mine has been on the stand for quite some time now.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my motor has been out for like 3 months. and yea I remember reading someone saying the motor shouldn't rotate backwards. or more like u shouldn't do it. but you know how that is. everyone always has they own way. I havnt figured out how im going to prime it yet. but im thinking like I said and have read. fill oil filter with oil and take spark and fuel fuse out and crank motor for like 10 secs. they say that should do it. today im about to jack the car up all around drop the tank again the parts place sent me the needed connector I didn't have for fuel pump even tho I made it work. I rather have the part it was ment for. and I have to finish up ground cables and wiring to ign. coils. that's the goal today. trying to beat the heat like everyday. its like 90 today and the uv index is always crazy. lol
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather have that than this cold nasty wind today here on Long Island.

Good luck and keep me posted Scotty !

My parents are in Port Charlotte (snowbirds). Very close to you.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the tank dropped and wires fixed the right way. and got all ground cables on and most wiring is done. just the 3 inside the cabin into fuse box need to be done. since its an 84. hopeing to get it running by the end of the weekend. just belts and weld up some exhaust I got. I got the shifter cable mounted but inside the shifter I can only get 2nd and neut. but when my hands on the trans itself I can move and find all gears? so I don't know what that's about yet? I tried the put the shifter in 3rd inside but the cable on trans is like to long then and wont go in to bolt hole?
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you using the Rodney shifter cable bracket to clear the exhaust crossover?

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no, I made my own out of an extra bracket I had off the other trans. it looks the same as his but I built it myself. mounted the same way.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock