need a picture of the "CUT" by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 03-07-2015 01:25 AM
Replies: 4 (331 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 03-07-2015 07:53 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoClick Here to Email Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
chopping the top. cannot seem to find a close up picture of the "CUT" at the lower part of the windshield("A" pillar) Post. anyone ?? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCClick Here to Email Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe this will help.
I started the cut the opening gap about 5/8" and trimmed it as I got the frame into alignment. The forward (point) of the cut has to be far enough forward to allow the glass to lay well.
edit: Thought I'd mention that when making the cuts & welding I made sure not to lose the (2) screw holes that hold the Plastic Triangle panel on at the top, it helped when it came time to fitting & modify that piece.

You will also need to make a relief cut in the upper A Pillar to allow a bend radius.

A few pics of the body work at the lower A pillar

------------------
88 GT
Choptop, Vertical Door Hinges
Lowered Suspension w/ 13" Brake Disk
CarPC - WinXP Pro (GT Sport Edition)
+ a lot more.....

[This message has been edited by Orig88GT-NC (edited 03-07-2015).]

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoClick Here to Email Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, that's exactly what was needed ! I'm sure it will help others also.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCClick Here to Email Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lou6t4gto, I have taken over 300 pics of just the chop top process... I've basically completed that part of the project, the only thing I haven't gotten to is lowering the seats yet.
I photo document everything in detail on these kind of projects for insurance, rebuilding or when I have to sell it, so I can show the quality of whats under the skin.
Anyway glad to help, as you get to other areas Ill be glad to share my limited knowledge/experience.
Bob
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoClick Here to Email Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when you get to "lowering the seats", send me a PM ! thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock