Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
   84 throttle cable not working on my 3800sc?? one of the last things on the swap..

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
84 throttle cable not working on my 3800sc?? one of the last things on the swap.. by Scott2scott
Started on: 03-03-2015 05:07 PM
Replies: 2 (196 views)
Last post by: Scott2scott on 03-04-2015 05:37 PM
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drilled the mount hole and opened up the slot to slide in down and it fits. but when I bolt it in the cable doesn't seem long enough and hold the throttle wide open? from what I read the 84 cable should work so im lost . I also have the cable off my 86 v6 gt parts car if I have to switch them.. coolant line are done and fuel line and filter are done and shifter cable bracket is modified and cables mounted. and notched the deck lid so now it closes. so now its only finishe throttle cable and mount the spark plug coils on firewall. and im putting in new fuel pump in tomorrow morning.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott2scott:

I drilled the mount hole and opened up the slot to slide in down and it fits. but when I bolt it in the cable doesn't seem long enough and hold the throttle wide open? from what I read the 84 cable should work so im lost . I also have the cable off my 86 v6 gt parts car if I have to switch them.. coolant line are done and fuel line and filter are done and shifter cable bracket is modified and cables mounted. and notched the deck lid so now it closes. so now its only finishe throttle cable and mount the spark plug coils on firewall. and im putting in new fuel pump in tomorrow morning.

I used the stock 86 v6 cable no problem at all, maybe you should have drilled a hole farther out to take up the slack? Hard to say without seeing it.. goodluck!

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im goin to switch my cable with a v6 cable

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock