Fiero Wont Shut Off by AaronM
Started on: 03-02-2015 01:47 PM
Replies: 9 (262 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 03-03-2015 06:38 AM
AaronM

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronMClick Here to Email AaronMSend a Private Message to AaronMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My fiero is a 2.8 v6 and has been rebuilt, anyways i recently had an issue with the oil sender. So i bought a mechanical oil gauge and made a t intersection to the sender would still be on top. Well the wires i think stretched and broke inside because well i stressed the connector to fit on top of the sender. so it stopped working and my car would shut down, with that being said i had my mechanic fix it and all he did was rewire it so the car would start and he wired it to my COMPUTER. The Orange wire that is apparently always hot. I got it back and washed the car engine and outside. well after that i drove it home and turned the key to the off position. Everything but the engine shuts down. HEEEEELLLLPPPP!

------------------
Edward Moss

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottClick Here to Email Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull the spark plug wire off the coil. but use insulated pliers so u don't get shocked that will stop car from running right now..
AaronM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronMClick Here to Email AaronMSend a Private Message to AaronMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can shut it down if i pull the computers fuse, but i want to know what could be causing it.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unplug the fuel pump relay or the connector to the fuel pump, or like what was said earlier pull the coil wire from the distributor and use insulated pliers.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be careful of pulling a coil wire as you have the Ignition module right there. just pull the fuel pump fuse.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AaronM:

I can shut it down if i pull the computers fuse, but i want to know what could be causing it.

If I read your post right, I'd say it was your mechanic. It sounds like a jury-rig..
AaronM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronMClick Here to Email AaronMSend a Private Message to AaronMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so yes it stipped after about mid-day today and by the way it never did it before that mechanic touched it. This is why i dont let others touch my baby, im 18 and learned this.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AaronM:

This is why i dont let others touch my baby,

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageClick Here to Email sardonyx247Send a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The thing about mechanics(and computer techs) is "bad ones make more money" as they take longer and throw parts at it. And it always costs more to do it wrong.
Being 18, now is the time to learn how to do it yourself.

Now here is the problem with the car, a bad fuel pump relay. to explain
the oil sender only goes to the gauge AND as a BACKUP in case the fuel pump relay dies, IE once it gets good oil pressure it will activate the bypass/backup to the fuel pump, it does not go the the computer. so if it wouldn't run when the oil sender got disconnected then the relay is bad(or possible the ECM) but most likely the relay.
I am also guessing it had kinda a long crank time before it started? IE to build up oil pressure to kick on the pump.

A GOOD Lesson, if some one wants to hot wire ANYTHING because it doesn't work, they DO NOT know what they are doing. (like a bad computer tech, if they want to reinstall windows, they do not know what they are diong)

AND if you have to go to a mechanic and he asks you to pop the hood to see the engine, LEAVE right away.
Also if you have to go some place where they jack up the car make sure they stay away from the coolent tubes, just an FYI. (IE tell them where to jack it) being 18, as most of us are when we are that age, a bit intimadated by new things etc, but it is sooo much easier to say "hey jack it here" than "you broke my coolent tubes fix it" as the latter NEVER works out. Just trying to help you out.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 03-03-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay