3800sc 4 speed clutch slave mounting ? by Scott2scott
Started on: 03-01-2015 08:26 PM
Replies: 10 (214 views)
Last post by: Scott2scott on 03-02-2015 07:17 PM
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok so now I got motor in and stuff and have done the coolant hoses and fuel lines are done now. and throttle cable is in but not bolted yet. the only things left is shifter cables witch im working on tomorrow and now I just notice the clutch slave cyclinder and factory mounting bracket off my 84 fiero. doesn't even come close to bolting up? this is something new and I have no idea what needs to be done to mount this ? anyone who has this set up or any advice to help me out woulg be great. thanks. almost done.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasnt the clutch slave on the transmission before you took the stock engine off? What's different now? It should bolt in just as before .
The transmission is in the same spot mounted on the same mounts not shifted left or right.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont know. i was thinking thinking that myself. the trans has not moved any . so it should go right back on. maybe i was just over thinking it. today im going to put new fuel pump in and work on the shifte bracket mount. then i just have to wait on the computer and harness to get back to me then. then the swap should be done.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
Well i just looked again. The clutch slave mount braket looks like its hitting the cross over exhuast pipe if i remember and from what i see it looks like the end of the bracket mounts to one of trans mount bolts to engine. Im going to trim down the braket to see if i can get it to fit under the crossover pipe
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's strange. I've been researching all aspects of this swap and I've never seen anyone documenting that issue. I'm not nearly up to that yet please post all info related here . I hope that's not an issue when I go to mount mine. I have the Rodney slave bracket. Ive heard of the shifter cables interfering but not the slave cylinder.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i did some trimming and it clears the cross over pipe now. but it still doent line up. its like its to long now. I don't know why?? maybe its because im using the slave arm off my 84 Muncie and I switched trans and put an 86 Muncie back in. that's all I thnk could be. but I don't know. its always the little stuff that slows u down.. well the up side is I cut both shifter brackets and now it will work with out them hitting crossover pipe. just have to bold that down. back to try and figured the slave bracket out.. its hot as crap here today like 84 and im getting cooked in the sun.
Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott2scott

686 posts
Member since Jun 2014
the great scott has figured it out.. I looked in the pile of stuff I have from my 86 gt that im parting out and mountain of stuff in my garage floor. and found the clutch slave cyclinder and bracket off the 86 and its smaller than my 84 and a its a different style slave cyclinder put it on now and its mounts right up. so back in biz.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pheww ! (Insert wiping forehead smiley here)

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea right, I gave up for today . its to hot. plus my wife dodge durenago is acting up. yesterday I put new valve cover gaskets on it since it was leaking abit of oil. now today check engine light says o2 downstream senor . and oil light flashes when she hits brakes or stops. so im lost with that one. lol
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott2scott:

the great scott has figured it out.. I looked in the pile of stuff I have from my 86 gt that im parting out and mountain of stuff in my garage floor. and found the clutch slave cyclinder and bracket off the 86 and its smaller than my 84 and a its a different style slave cyclinder put it on now and its mounts right up. so back in biz.

Before and after pics would make what you're saying clearer for us.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would love to post pics of my build and parts iv been selling and my questions for stuff I get stuck on. but the picture thing doesn work for me im on a brand new hp computer and install the pip thing but it wound let me into my pics. so I gave up .
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock