Performance muffler by notwohorns
Started on: 02-27-2015 08:14 PM
Replies: 5 (336 views)
Last post by: no2pencil on 03-02-2015 12:16 AM
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a performance muffler that is a direct replacement for the original (bolt on)?
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2015 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are several sold by The Fiero Store and West Coast Fieros which are direct replacements, yes.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want a performance muffler you don't want the Ocelot or Dynomax. You likely want the Magnaflow for Firebird/Camaro.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, thanks for the replies
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think there are that many bolt on replacements, with the exception of the Walker (o.e.m.) muffler. The Flowmaster from West Coast Fiero has to be modified to fit the compartment, and it's pretty pricey. I know that some use the Flowmaster 40 and 80 series, but they take a lot of fabrication work from your local muffler guy. Since the FM has a great warranty, the price is worth it, but I'm not sure if the necessary modifications void the manufacturer's warranty. I'm not certain of the warranty from WCF, either.
I have the FM from West Coast Fiero and it's been going strong for 18 years. Delivery took a long time, which seems to be a problem with WCF. At the time the muffler was only $100, so I didn't ***** about their dragging their UPS feet. And the muffler is stainless.
The Spintech YouTube sound tracks are impressive, but I'm not certain of the inner and outer construction, or if any adaptations have to be made to fit the Fiero compartment.
Do as much research as you can, since there is a sizeable investment to buy a good Fiero muffler these days.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking into picking up a spintech muffler &/or spintech catalytic converter.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock