Started on: 02-23-2015 03:25 PM
Replies: 3 (159 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 02-23-2015 03:55 PM
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know anything about these? I'm wondering about this for my 383, but no CFM rating that I can find. I contacted the seller and he couldn't tell me much about it.

http://mansfield.craigslist.../pts/4889845241.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
edfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its suppose to be a drop in replacement for the stock 2 BBL TBI, which flows slightly more.
However based on the reviews some have posted for the single TBI from Holley for the Fiero, it may not work well, unless you have ability to tune your ECM.
I dont have specific experience on the 2BBL Holley unit.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

Anyone know anything about these? I'm wondering about this for my 383, but no CFM rating that I can find. I contacted the seller and he couldn't tell me much about it.

http://mansfield.craigslist.../pts/4889845241.html

That looks very similar to a Holley 502-9 TBI unit. The Holley 502-9 TBI units flow 670cfm (air), and I think the injectors are rated at around 65 lb/hr each @ 11psi of fuel pressure. I have been told you can increase fuel pressure on these units to make them support more HP, but I don't have exact details.

In case you are curious, 2x 65 lb/hr injectors will only support a maximum of about 260 crank hp.

Holley does sell a 4bbl TBI unit that has 4 injectors. It flows 700cfm and supports up to 400hp, per their website info about it.

My opinion on TBI is it is the worst form of fuel injection you could use. I still think it would be better than running a carb, but why use it when there are so many better EFI manifold options out there? (ie: Holley StealthRam, Accel SuperRam, GM TPI, GM RamJet, etc).

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-23-2015 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the pro jection 4 4 barrel 900 cfm unit..
The first ones, with analog ecu control are very basic..
the later ones with digital computers are said to be better.. but still very basic..
I bought my pro 4 in 93. if you are looking for power pass
if you are looking for set it and forget it, then it might be worth looking into..
remember that unit listed in ad was for the 80-90's 454 trucks motors..
I'd get the part # from the seller and find out what one it is, holley made a few different ones, and then the difference in the computers..
the analog ecu has dials that control the set up, that's how you tune it, turning dials on the end of the computer,

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock