MSD Blaster coil, Do I need new wires? by tom10122
Started on: 02-21-2015 08:33 PM
Replies: 2 (139 views)
Last post by: theogre on 02-21-2015 11:01 PM
tom10122

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tom10122Send a Private Message to tom10122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am thinking of upgrading to the MSD Blaster coil for a smoother idle, I have an 88 V6. The engine itself only has 48k miles on it. Do the ignition wires need to be swapped? Or should the be in good enough shape?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most people i have talked to that have the msd coil see no improvement over the stock one. I say don't replace it unless you really want to and have money to spend.

A much better investment would be to install a new distributor if you have not done so already. I would put new plugs and wires in at the same time just to know it was done so i don't have to worry about it in the future.

Its really up to you though. The only thing cool about the msd coil is that its red so it will match the stock engine.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many things can kill HEI...
Good dist is one but see my Cave, HE Ignition

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock