fuel pump whining solution by XxdjxX89
Started on: 02-17-2015 04:03 PM
Replies: 9 (532 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 03-11-2015 09:26 AM
XxdjxX89

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XxdjxX89Send a Private Message to XxdjxX89Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fuel pump has been making a loud whine noise after 30 minuets of driving !
i took tank out cleaned it real good, changed fuel pump strainer , cleaned the 3 fuel lines, changed fuel filter ,
i then put everything back togeather and started the car ! same thing after a hour it was high whining again,
i then took the fuel line that goes to the fuel rail off and ended up replacing the litle o ring that goes inside there, i also changed the fuel preasure regulator ! now after a hour of driving the pump is silent , also ive experienced if your car is getting hot or thermostat guage goes past 220 also may be cause of your fuel pump to start whining
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replace it before you get stranded. Its going bad.
ninjayogi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjayogiSend a Private Message to ninjayogiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes when it starts to whine like that it means that it is no pumping enough fuel. Replace it soon or you will be stranded somewhere. Lucky for me when it happened it was right in front of my house.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum, and Las Vegas!!!
Have you been down to the Fiero club here?
Link in my sig.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree its probably going bad.
I had luck with Marvel Mystery Oil added to the gas silencing my fuel pump til i had time to replace it.
XxdjxX89

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XxdjxX89Send a Private Message to XxdjxX89Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fuel pump whinning!

the car is a 1986 gt ive replaced fuel pump with ac delco ,strainer, fuel preasure regulator, vapor canister filter, cleaned the fuel lines, replaced fuel filter , cleaned injectors replaced orings , and my fuel pump still whines but only when car get hot ,

could it be frome the tank not having the plastic baffles ,can it also be that the fuel lines are getting to hot???????????????
XxdjxX89

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XxdjxX89Send a Private Message to XxdjxX89Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

XxdjxX89

123 posts
Member since Feb 2015
Ive been down to the Fiero yard , seems like they are just parting out cars in my opinion .
It be awesome if they were trying to bring them back from the dead !

XxdjxX89

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XxdjxX89Send a Private Message to XxdjxX89Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
guna try cleaning my tank out with vinegar ,if it works il let you guys know
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're going to pull the tank again, just put a Bosch fuel pump in it. My new delco pump whined like crazy...was annoying as hell. Pulled the tank and swapped it out with the Bosch that the guys on here recommended. Been a few months, no more whine.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might want to have the plastic baffle in there, but i dont think it would make a whine.
Is there rust in your tank?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock