Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Has anyone bought an E-bay $150 3 core aluminum rad?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Has anyone bought an E-bay $150 3 core aluminum rad? by Daleford
Started on: 02-17-2015 01:09 PM
Replies: 10 (280 views)
Last post by: Arns85GT on 02-18-2015 10:38 AM
Daleford

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DalefordSend a Private Message to DalefordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a lot on E-bay from a bunch of different suppliers, all in California it seems. That might mean they are all made in China?? Just wondering if anyone has had good luck / bad luck with any particular brand or seller?

I am looking at - http://www.ebay.com/itm/261...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the one with very good reviews in the Fiero community.
http://www.championradiator...ntiac-Fiero-radiator
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought one about 4 years ago (about $120 delivered) Still working fine.
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Ebay link above says they are the manufacturer not am importer FWIW.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Daleford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DalefordSend a Private Message to DalefordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

The Ebay link above says they are the manufacturer not am importer FWIW.

OK I see that now. I am a cheapskate so for that price I believe that is the one I will gamble on
Daleford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DalefordSend a Private Message to DalefordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daleford

370 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

I bought one about 4 years ago (about $120 delivered) Still working fine.

Wow, only $120. Which one did you buy?

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I bought one and promptly returned it. The cores are narrow so the 3-core radiator probably has only as much surface area as the stock radiator.

Also it's not polished aluminum as advertised -- they just spray-painted the whole radiator with chrome paint...
Daleford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DalefordSend a Private Message to DalefordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

Yes, I bought one and promptly returned it. The cores are narrow so the 3-core radiator probably has only as much surface area as the stock radiator.

Also it's not polished aluminum as advertised -- they just spray-painted the whole radiator with chrome paint...

Just so I can keep my sellers straight........
WHICH sellers rad did you buy and return?

darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My radiator research on my other ride led me to use a 2 core, with 1" tubes, vs a 3 core with 1/2" tubes. More cooling capacity in the 1". Some 2 row radiators have mixed sizes inside, so do your research.

Here's one that is similar to what I have on my Elky, that is offered for the Fiero. Probably find a better price for it on Ebay....American Eagle is a Brand Name of Champion Radiators.

http://www.championradiator...-radiator-1984-1988/

------------------
'87 GT in process!

johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bought a 3 row and had it 3 years not sure from china or us but it cools my coolant 30 F as it runs through
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a Champion also. Works just fine. It has the oil cooler built in which I haven't used yet. The core though, is fatter and you'll need to modify the brackets that hold it down.

------------------

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock