1984 with 3800sc. low alt. & heater hose routing questions by Scott2scott
Started on: 02-15-2015 02:14 PM
Replies: 5 (314 views)
Last post by: Lou and Blue on 02-15-2015 07:45 PM
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so I have an 1984 base that im in the middle of a 3800sc swap. and I working my though it. and come apon an other problem that I sit and think about and read and read and some people have tired to tell me what they have done. but there cars are later models. I guess I cant do what they can. so I have the low alternator mount and woulnd like to use it if I could. but I want the ease of keeping it in stock spot. plus trying to figure out this heater hose running is something I cant figure out. my plan was to low mount alt. and freeze plug and water pump. and run a barb off lower intake but not sure how that works. how would it circulate? kinda lost with that. then iv heard I can just frezze plug both water pump and lower intake all together and tap into coollant lines and I kinda understand that one tap into out flow side going and tap back into in flow for return. I think that's how that would work?? im at the point where I don't understand what needs to done and about to just keep factory alt bracket and notch the deck lid. because I understand that.lol any help would be great or pics would even better. or shoot me a pm for phone number.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you read the thread entitled "automarshal 3800sc"? That's the way I plugged the water pump and threaded a fitting in the lim heater port. The return port would be incorporated into a hose that's provides for the secondary smaller hose to join it. I haven't found that hose yet but I'm not up to that yet either. Dan (FIEROFLYER) , can you chime in here as I need that hose info. And the info to put a "t" fill on the other main coolant hose.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes i read that. But iv heard my 84 is way diff.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 85, which apparently means I have two heater hoses (I would think the 84 would too) instead of having only one like the later models. (I don't know the exact year cutoff) . I did exactly what auto marshal did and I have to find a hose that has a secondary smaller hose Y-ed into it to connect the heater return line . The heater feed line comes off the lim port that auto marshal put the Home Depot elbow on.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Scott2scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just his build. and he said if he had a 84-87 that he would have just ran the hoses from the factory ports. 88 is the only year u can run them like he did from what I understand.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use something like this on the return pipe to the water pump and hook the heater return into it. Thats what I plan to do.

http://www.universalpartsin...tail.asp?PART=Z17550

The LIM port (as in automarshals thread) goes to heater feed .

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page