F23 and 3800 by BlackFiero86
Started on: 02-10-2015 09:16 PM
Replies: 4 (269 views)
Last post by: BlackFiero86 on 02-12-2015 01:16 PM
BlackFiero86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackFiero86Send a Private Message to BlackFiero86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everybody long time lurker/researcher here. I have a few questions regarding the 3800 f23 swap. I have a 86 se. I was wondering the best way to make sure that the engine/tranny is straight/level and in the right spot. Should I bolt the engine and tranny together then make mounts for it or start with the transmission and go from
There? Thanks for your time and input.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine and tranny bolted together with axles in sitting on your cradle supported in some way that you can move it around. Line up so axles are even with suspension on both sides and straight. Make sure engine is level and lined up straight with cradle and clears cradle as well as axles clear cradle allowing for axles to move up and down. Now make mounts so engine stays in this location.

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

BlackFiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackFiero86Send a Private Message to BlackFiero86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How would you line up the axles with the suspension. And how would I make sure that the engine is aligned with the cradle?
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I set a pls-2 laser up across the rear mounting holes then measured off the head to get it square(you could us straight edges, just make sure things are plumb.) Oil pan should be flush or slightly below the cradle. keep the axles parallel as possible. For left/right position, with the cradle and suspension in place, without the trans/engine, find the center between the axles. Both fully compressed so you know they are the same.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 02-11-2015).]

BlackFiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackFiero86Send a Private Message to BlackFiero86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everybody for the replies. I believe I now understand how to get everything lined up. Thank you!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock