85 fiero gt no power to engine bay by dalton
Started on: 02-07-2015 02:57 PM
Replies: 3 (105 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 02-07-2015 06:34 PM
dalton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daltonClick Here to visit dalton's HomePageSend a Private Message to daltonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just picked up an 85 Fiero GT that was in a barn for 20 years. When I turn the key on, I get all the accessories, lights etc., but no fuel pump, no sounds in the engine bay and it will not start. Any ideas would be appreciated. All fuses are good.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
back away from the ignition key.

A Fiero that has been sitting for 20 years needs a lot of work before you start it up. There are some detailed threads here on cars that have been resurrected. Read through a few...Was the tank empty? You will probably need to look inside.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/118877.html

Welcome to the Forum!

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 02-07-2015).]

fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What he said ^^^^^^^

I lost my first fiero after 1 hour of having it because i drove it after it had been sitting for 10 years. Made it about 10 miles before it went up in flames.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What they said. You definitely need to drop the gas tank and replace the fuel pump and possibly need to clean the gas tank. Also plan on replacing the water pump and probably the alternator too. Of course change all the fluids and I would also put a tablespoon of marvel mystery oil in each spark plug hole and let it sit for a few days to lubricate the piston rings. If you get it running I would use some injector cleaner also. My 85 duke had sat for maybe 9 or 10 years and I had to do all hat and more. My water pump was frozen solid. Also don't forget to check the hvac blower housing for animal nests and debris. Your thermostat should also be replaced.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock