Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  anyone had problems with fiero store products ? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
anyone had problems with fiero store products ? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 01-30-2015 07:18 PM
Replies: 44 (993 views)
Last post by: tshark on 02-06-2015 08:14 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3 weeks ago I bought an auto shifter "BOOT" from the Fierostore. I installed it, It "fit" fine. I drove the car ONCE, and now the boot is "cracking" and the Vinyl is "Peeling Off" the cloth backing ! Quality Stuff ! anyone know of a source that sells a boot for the automatic shifter that won't fall apart ? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dunno about this thread here. First of all, give Matt at TFS a call. Explain this to him. They will make it right. Sometimes things don't go right with TFS products, but start by letting them know.

Russ88TTop makes this item:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/068139.html

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 01-30-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

Ventura

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VenturaSend a Private Message to VenturaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed an auto shifter boot last week as well. It fits great and the craftsmanship is good but my boot is "peeling" as well. This was my first purchase from The Fiero Store so I can't comment on any of their other products.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is the 3rd time of inferior product for me. maybe it better to buy good Quality original !
My88RedGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get your boots from Mr. Mikes.
2 years since it was installed and still no ripping or peeling.

[This message has been edited by My88RedGT (edited 01-30-2015).]

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

3 weeks ago I bought an auto shifter "BOOT" from the Fierostore. I installed it, It "fit" fine. I drove the car ONCE, and now the boot is "cracking" and the Vinyl is "Peeling Off" the cloth backing ! Quality Stuff ! anyone know of a source that sells a boot for the automatic shifter that won't fall apart ? Thanks

Lou, is there a time-frame you need this boot?? I think I have a NOS auto boot.

Give me a couple a couple of weeks. Gotta find it in storage.

Still interested?
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by My88RedGT:

Get your boots from Mr. Mikes.
2 years since it was installed and still no ripping or peeling.

Huh, I never noticed that he sold them before. Can't go wrong with anything Mr. Mike sells. Great products and great customer service.

Some of the Fierostore products aren't the greatest, but some are really nice. I can't really say anything bad about them since they are devoted to keeping our cars on the road. They are never my first choice though, if Rodney or Mr. Mike or a forum member that has great feedback on a product like Russ88TTop (I haven't got a chance to give him any business yet but I have a long wish list of his stuff that I want to buy from him) will get my sale before the fierostore usually.
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that Rodney sells shift boots, also. I know one was included with the Hurst shift lever I purchased, and no wear problems after 6 years.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh.....no comment
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 02-01-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two products I've purchased from tfs have been crap. In their defense, they've replaced both with no problems, but both have failed again and i gave up. I've learned my lesson.
Oil cap. Black cap separated from the white tabbed piece.
Sail panels. Paint washed away After installed, leaving the clear plastic.

Tfs is a pleasure to do business with, but they should look into purchasing from better suppliers.
Ron
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Generation 1 plastic headlight motor gears. I lost a ton of money rebuilding and shipping at no charge, and probably some customers due to bad plastic gears I got from them. They replaced the gears at no charge, but those were defective, too. They pulled them off the market for a while. Hope the current batch is correct size and of good quality.

Fastback quarter windows that I got from another vendor came from The Fiero Store. He just boxed them and sent them to me. Very Very poor quality. They were returned. These are the only two products I've had problems with. Other things I've bought were good.

But yes, they need to have better quality control.
Fiero_Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_GuySend a Private Message to Fiero_GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought there boot it looked great when I installed it and 30 days later it was cracked to hell and looks worse then the orignal boot I replaced it with, ashame it was such poor quality.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shifter boots from Rodney. Fit properly and still looking good years later.
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...g/index.php?cPath=24

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time I make a negative comment, the Fiero Store (and other members on here) step right in to say how wrong I am to say anything bad about them.

So for once, I will attack this from a different angle. As a part time manufacturer of custom Fiero parts....and I mean VERY part time, I know what it means to have quality control. I take the part that I manufacture, make a spare, and TRY to break it. I run full tests on material strength whether it be plastic, kevlar, or carbon fiber before the final product is sent out just to ensure that it meets my quality expectations. Yes it costs me more money in the end but I know that the final product is perfect. I think the Fiero Store really needs to start dropping the hammer on their plastics vendors to do a better job with the quality and even the uniformity of their parts. I have seen where a member on here gets two of the same parts and even the texture is different between the two, one is textured and the other is semi-smooth. I think their manufacturer is producing the parts and then running off multiple batches without quality checks every two or three runs. The manufacturer needs to ensure that each part is perfect before sending it out. This includes stress cracks, weak points, and texture. I assume that the Fiero Store paid an arm and a leg to have new molds made for most of the parts so I would be beating up the plastics vendor every minute of the day until the parts are perfect.

I wish that I could do plastic parts full-time and then I would become a primary vendor for the Fiero Store but I have a full time job that barely allows me the time to breathe. Maybe I should consider persuing this as a new career
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by f85gtron:

Oil cap. Black cap separated from the white tabbed piece.

Ron

Same thing happened to me. Twice. It's due to cheap gluing process plus the tabs don't fit the VC due to tolerance in the design.
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sricka01

773 posts
Member since Jul 2008

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Every time I make a negative comment, the Fiero Store (and other members on here) step right in to say how wrong I am to say anything bad about them.

So for once, I will attack this from a different angle. As a part time manufacturer of custom Fiero parts....and I mean VERY part time, I know what it means to have quality control. I take the part that I manufacture, make a spare, and TRY to break it. I run full tests on material strength whether it be plastic, kevlar, or carbon fiber before the final product is sent out just to ensure that it meets my quality expectations. Yes it costs me more money in the end but I know that the final product is perfect. I think the Fiero Store really needs to start dropping the hammer on their plastics vendors to do a better job with the quality and even the uniformity of their parts. I have seen where a member on here gets two of the same parts and even the texture is different between the two, one is textured and the other is semi-smooth. I think their manufacturer is producing the parts and then running off multiple batches without quality checks every two or three runs. The manufacturer needs to ensure that each part is perfect before sending it out. This includes stress cracks, weak points, and texture. I assume that the Fiero Store paid an arm and a leg to have new molds made for most of the parts so I would be beating up the plastics vendor every minute of the day until the parts are perfect.

I wish that I could do plastic parts full-time and then I would become a primary vendor for the Fiero Store but I have a full time job that barely allows me the time to breathe. Maybe I should consider persuing this as a new career

+1000!! I have thought the same things. I bought the plastic power window bezel because I wanted a newer version. Well the power window rocker was cut crooked so pushing the button up and it would stick in the on position. I also bought the headlight switch because I wanted better screen printing. Well the screen printing was done over a really rough grain and very weak imprint. I just ended up throwing it all back into spares.
Twilight Fenrir

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Twilight FenrirSend a Private Message to Twilight FenrirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had mixed results from The Fiero Store. I bought a trunk release switch to replace my broken one, and it worked great. It looked really tacky when the backlight was on it... but, it broke a few months later.

I think I got my shift boots from Rodney... They're 100% leather. No pealing or crackling on that baby!! :P
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2015 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the clear parking light lenses on my car. When I pulled the front fascia off a few weeks ago, the fascia barely tapped one of them on the way off, and the clear plastic lens fell right off the lamp housing. :-/

Aside from that, pretty much everything I've bought from them has been fine, but I haven't bought any of the aforementioned products that have failed for others, and it's been several years since I've bought anything from them at all, really.
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One item which might look good at first glance is the '88 paddle nut assembly. Unfortunately its not of the same high-strength hardware as the originals. Buy Rodney's instead! His match the factory strength fasteners and the nuts he sells are pinch-deformed to resist unthreading.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2015 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have bought a few things from this vendor, and having built parts for the Fiero and other cars/trucks.. and the problems with all venders is many of the parts they sell, are not made in house , so they don't find out about problems until they are out in the market for a while, only time that's not the case is if the product doesn't fit/work when new..
Not sticking up for this vendor, but that's just the way it is.. I have the speaker pod door panels, and the rear deck speaker panel.. and don't know how well they'll fit other than the thread from a member here that has put them on, and posted a few issues, and the reasons for them.. showing that 90% of the issues are not issues. but planned design so they fit when you cover them.
Vendors also have a problem it's called the American buyer, that buy on price not quality , so it is very tuff for venders to give the buyers both a good product for a cheap price..
Take the speaker plates I sold, That fierosound had plotted out the design.. I after shipping, raw materials,labor(my time), the cutting parts that wear making them, the paypal fee's(venders that have mastercard/visa/etc accounts get charged a fee, just like I had got charged by paypal.
I sold them for 15.00 at first and lost money,as I had never used paypal.. after that set of 10, I made them 18.00 and broke even, Then gave cliff some "by me a beer" money for the site. putting them at a loss again., many venders have this same problem, make a wanted product, and make it at a cost so it sell and they'll make money. it's a razors edge to balance on..
some venders get a great rep.. but if their parts were used on daily driving cars, might not have that same rep.. as the parts tho good, are not great.. but because in this car market, their use is limited for the most part.. and if they had the name brand moog, people would be pissed.. but because of most don't log many miles,, they are "fine" for this application/use but would not be if used on daily drivers.. and would get the same reviews as the autoparts "house" brand part.. for not lasting,
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a mixed bag.

I have had solid products from them, and very cheaply made products. I want to support TFS and other Fiero vendors because without them, we have to try and track the parts down.

On the other hand, when you get products that are poorly made it makes it hard to find support.

TFS has good intentions but I think it's the Chinese made products that kind of sink it below average for me.

Why not just make products in America?

I will say, it isn't easily to establish a business for a small market that physically doesn't grow after a certain number has been reached.

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone actually "contacted" Fierostore to get replacements to see IF they would "make it right" ? DID you actually get a DECENT Replacement or a refund? or just more of the same ? Or did you get stuck with "Return Shipping" ? (personally, I will not "Knowingly" buy anything made on "mainland" China), seems Korea, Taiwan are ok.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Twilight Fenrir:

I've had mixed results from The Fiero Store. I bought a trunk release switch to replace my broken one, and it worked great. It looked really tacky when the backlight was on it... but, it broke a few months later.

It was glowing through the gray, right?
I painted the inside of the switch black, it looked fine after that.
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
after purchasing a few items from the Fiero store, I cut my losses, most parts seemed very low quality at best, the oil cap I bought, came apart in my hand, and the writing was upside down. the rubber in the fuel rail seal I had bought was, for lack of a better term pitted. upon emailing them, their response was something to the effect of "if you don't like it send it back" which I did and haven't gone back since.

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

"The day I tried to live, I stole a thousand beggars' change and gave it to the rich."
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess it really depends on what item you obtain from TFS. I've only purchased a few items from them (folding seat mechanism cover/handle, battery box kit, interior paint), and while they are a little pricy I've been content with all my items.
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

Has anyone actually "contacted" Fierostore to get replacements to see IF they would "make it right" ? DID you actually get a DECENT Replacement or a refund? or just more of the same ? Or did you get stuck with "Return Shipping" ? (personally, I will not "Knowingly" buy anything made on "mainland" China), seems Korea, Taiwan are ok.

Yes, and like I stated in my post, they sent out replacements without any b.s. However, the replacements are the same crap, so there's no win. T.F.S. are great to deal with, i just wish they'd buy better crap.
......and for my crap, i charge 2 cents. 😉
Ron
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2015 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:
TFS has good intentions but I think it's the Chinese made products that kind of sink it below average for me.

Why not just make products in America?

Are you certain about where the parts are made? How do you know they're not just made from poor molds with poor quality control, by people who just don't give a damn?

There are plenty of high quality products made in China, and plenty of really poorly made products from all over the USA (I presume you're talking about the USA, and not the rest of the two continents that make up America, here).
fierodriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodriverSend a Private Message to fierodriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Are you certain about where the parts are made? How do you know they're not just made from poor molds with poor quality control, by people who just don't give a damn?

This. ^

Fiero Store is a retailer. They don't make any of things they sell. Most of what they have is just stuff they source from regular suppliers, then keep in stock for resale for use specifically as Fiero parts. You can buy most of what they offer yourself if you had access to the part numbers.

The exceptions of course are the stuff they've designed and had made for them. Having been involved in parts for air-cooled VWs for years, I know your parts are only as good as the manufacturer that makes them. Its getting harder and harder to get quality custom work at reasonable prices anymore. The VW market is probably twenty times the size of the Fiero market yet we can't get [I]quality[I] items such as interior trim anymore without paying a small fortune. The vendors themselves are great but the pieces they make are crap, regardless if they're made here or China. Oh sure there are a few good-quality sources (the Rodney Dickmans of the VW world) but they are the exception - and they are expensive. The only alternative is old-stock German.
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are plenty of high quality products made in China, and plenty of really poorly made products from all over the USA (I presume you're talking about the USA, and not the rest of the two continents that make up America, here).

Hard to say. I have gotten products from TFS that say "Made in China" so the vendors (at least some) are located in China. As far as quality control goes, I wouldn't disagree. I work in a warehouse that has quality control standards that insures a 15% product check.
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had the clear parking light lenses on my car. When I pulled the front fascia off a few weeks ago, the fascia barely tapped one of them on the way off, and the clear plastic lens fell right off the lamp housing. :-/

Aside from that, pretty much everything I've bought from them has been fine, but I haven't bought any of the aforementioned products that have failed for others, and it's been several years since I've bought anything from them at all, really.

I also had this problem with my lenses from them.
It reminded me of my childhood; when we'd build plastic model cars, you always had to scrape the "chrome" off the engine parts or the model cement wouldn't stick.
Same with my FS lenses; the glue didn't stick to the chrome, and the face of the lens fell off.
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KurtAKX

4008 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by Twilight Fenrir:

I think I got my shift boots from Rodney... They're 100% leather. No peeling or cracking on that baby!! :P

I had the same issue with the trunk switch I got from them. Looked great during the day, but then when I'd put on the lights at night, the whole switch had a translucent glow.
I sold the car, so I have no idea if the switch is still working.
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KurtAKX

4008 posts
Member since Feb 2002
I have not seen anyone mention the Fierostore replacement sunroof tabs.

They are thinner than the OEM pieces, so when you go to install the sunroof, the tabs just bend.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2015 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I guess I got my answer. Thanks.
hobbywrench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hobbywrenchSend a Private Message to hobbywrenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most stuff has been ok, but once bought a dogbone which did not fit my 85 GT. Talked to F-Store and they swore it was correct . I had to bore out the center aluminum , if memory, serves.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2015 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hobbywrench:

Most stuff has been ok, but once bought a dogbone which did not fit my 85 GT. Talked to F-Store and they swore it was correct . I had to bore out the center aluminum , if memory, serves.

I got their poly bushed dog bone for my 87 GT years ago. It fit perfectly, but it can be a pain to install, as the bolt goes through the strut tower and you must roll the engine to the rear to be able to attach it to both ends.
masospaghetti

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have also not been impressed with TFS for quality. I'm glad there are vendors that support the Fiero community like TFS but their lack of QC is a serious problem.

I got two bad fuel rail block seals in a row from them. Within a couple months, the rubber was separating from the metal. This is a dangerous design flaw and could lead to a fuel leak.

The metal bracket for the cruise control vacuum canister was bent to the wrong shape, and broke promptly when I tried to reform it.

It's nice that they stock some hard to find plastic hardware for body panels and such that would be difficult to find in other places.

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had mixed results. Some things I've got have been decent, others a total failure. (Arrow Head emblem near sail panel faded after 1 year, when the original had lasted 15. Also years ago I bought the FS 4 cylinder 'header'. Mega fail. The thing was constantly warping and I went thru a exhaust gasket at a rate of 1 per year. I see they have since stopped selling this)

On the flip side, we don't have many options for out of production stock parts, so I appreciate their effort and will continue to order from them. But as others have said, I wish they would tighen up their quality control.

West Coast Fiero is super expensive and doesn't have a great selection. Rodney has good prices, but not a lot selection either.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock