Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  anyone had problems with fiero store products ? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
anyone had problems with fiero store products ? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 01-30-2015 07:18 PM
Replies: 44 (994 views)
Last post by: tshark on 02-06-2015 08:14 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierostore has made good on any issues I have had. If you havent, I recommend letting them know when something isnt satisfactory.
IP: Logged
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never got an answer. of you who Have sent stuff back for a replacement, did you "Get stuck" with the "Return shipping" ??
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2015 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edfiero:

I have had mixed results. Some things I've got have been decent, others a total failure. (Arrow Head emblem near sail panel faded after 1 year, when the original had lasted 15. Also years ago I bought the FS 4 cylinder 'header'. Mega fail. The thing was constantly warping and I went thru a exhaust gasket at a rate of 1 per year. I see they have since stopped selling this)

On the flip side, we don't have many options for out of production stock parts, so I appreciate their effort and will continue to order from them. But as others have said, I wish they would tighen up their quality control.

West Coast Fiero is super expensive and doesn't have a great selection. Rodney has good prices, but not a lot selection either.

Well that's part of the problem, the Fiero cars are cheap, to buy, and not worth much when like new, so a vendor can't offer a part that has a high price tag. Well they can, but not many are going to buy it..
just look at some of the members that have offered an idea, and the bandwagon of people that post "I'm in" once the part is avail, cricket,cricket..

it's a balancing act.. build a quality part and it's cost be to high for the customer base.. or try to make a needed part as a price point that you can move enough to make it worth wild to even bother in the first place..
low volume and a model that's not worth a ton, makes it hard to even get a part made.. Parts for an old MG or aston martin can be quality because the customer base is willing to fork over the money, and the vehicle is worth much more.
The Fiero like it or not, is not worth much and most likely never will be.. it's a wonder anyone makes parts for it..

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2015 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

Never got an answer. of you who Have sent stuff back for a replacement, did you "Get stuck" with the "Return shipping" ??

I'd venture to guess that depend if the part was faulty when new,, not months down the line..
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't recall paying shipping. The Fiero store has made good on any problems I've had.

I would like them to chime in on this thread. These are serious concerns, and I'd like them to be addressed & corrected--particularly as I'd like to buy certain of these items.

As for the silence after products are produced, who knows? Sometimes, by the time a part is produced, the car is sold, interests have changed, budget has changed, etc. Sometimes the cost is different, or the quality leaves something to be desired. Sometimes, the part doesn't come out as desired. Take the TFS door panels, for example. I was interested in a set without speaker holes. Now that they're out, they're not what I expected. It may be easier to convert those with speaker holes to what I want. I'd love to buy doublec4's LED tail lights, but I don't want to get pulled over. With my luck, my car would be towed.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock