Wheel offset quesrion by KillerFrogg
Started on: 01-30-2015 12:34 PM
Replies: 13 (319 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 01-30-2015 10:32 PM
KillerFrogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking at getting a set of wheels from a friend, they are from an '02 Subaru Legacy if I am not mistake. 16x6.5, 5x100 bolt pattern. Replacing stock 14s on an '84

The part I am not sure about is if the 55mm offset will be OK. The stock fiero wheels are 35mm correct?

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My opinion... forget it.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little longer answer would be, You are not going to like it.....as you can see by this chart. The wheels will be tucked into the wheel wells a lot.

Wheel Offset Diagram
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like they will be about 1.75in or so inside the fender. Not too bad. Right now I am more concerned about the inside and it looks like it will be ok there. Will be getting something that fits better eventually, I just need to get it on the road so I can drive it and see what else needs to be replaced xD

Thanks for the chart too, big help!
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why would you willingly want to narrow your track by nearly two inches? That's nuts!
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two inches is really not that much, especially for a car that will not see a track with these wheels on it. So I am not too concerned.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

Why would you willingly want to narrow your track by nearly two inches? That's nuts!

The track would be narrowed by twice that much. 3.50"
It would be functional.....but odd looking.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eh? 20mm on each side, 40mm, or a little less than two inches, no?
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I would lose 40mm of track over all. For cheap its not a big deal.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

Eh? 20mm on each side, 40mm, or a little less than two inches, no?

Ya.....you're right.
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the 1.75 is how far inside the fender I am per side. I have to go back and look at it my self.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pay particular to the inside edges of the rims and tires. There's a very good chance that they will interfere with the rear strut or knuckle.
If they are factory Subaru wheels, you will also have to enlarge the center hole by 1 mm. The Scooby uses a 56.1 mm centerbore, while the Fiero's is 57.1 mm.
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

The Scooby uses a 56.1 mm centerbore, while the Fiero's is 57.1 mm.

Thanks, I'll be sure to pay attention to the hardware in the rear.

And why can't there be standards?? ONE Millimeter. *sigh*
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Pay particular to the inside edges of the rims and tires. There's a very good chance that they will interfere with the rear strut or knuckle.

This would be my biggest concern. I don't know if they will clear the knuckle. In this picture, the pink represents the wheel. The stock 15" wheel is almost right against the knuckle. You may actually be hitting the knuckle with your wheels.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-30-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock