Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Northstar installation frame cutting... F40? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Northstar installation frame cutting... F40? by Sideway-swede
Started on: 01-27-2015 05:25 PM
Replies: 43 (1420 views)
Last post by: Will on 01-31-2015 10:10 PM
IXSLR8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IXSLR8Send a Private Message to IXSLR8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the dyno tuner is a GM parameter tuner that is afraid to go outside of the GM specs. Its odd, because they have a 800HP viper and a 1200 HP Vette that they have tuned from what they and others say. I need to find another dyno shop.

I don't recall if it got louder. I can't compare between the two N*'s either because I put a huge truck muffler on the auto swap in the 85GT. It is quiet until you hit WOT.

I haven't experimented with swapping around cams though that would be very interesting.

I wired my clutch switch to accommodate the LS1. The LS1 is wired backwards to the Fiero's.

It would be interesting to compare your tune with my Shelby tune. Somehow. Perhaps I should send Ryan another computer and then have the MAF dialed in here at another shop.
IP: Logged
IXSLR8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IXSLR8Send a Private Message to IXSLR8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IXSLR8

673 posts
Member since Sep 2004
I think the dyno tuner is a GM parameter tuner that is afraid to go outside of the GM specs. Its odd, because they have a 800HP viper and a 1200 HP Vette that they have tuned from what they and others say. I need to find another dyno shop.

I don't recall if it got louder. I can't compare between the two N*'s either because I put a huge truck muffler on the auto swap in the 85GT. It is quiet until you hit WOT.

I haven't experimented with swapping around cams though that would be very interesting.

I wired my clutch switch to accommodate the LS1. The LS1 is wired backwards to the Fiero's.

It would be interesting to compare your tune with my Shelby tune. Somehow. Perhaps I should send Ryan another computer and then have the MAF dialed in here at another shop.
IXSLR8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IXSLR8Send a Private Message to IXSLR8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IXSLR8

673 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Dang. Now I want that 6 speed F40!
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IXSLR8:

Shoot... you made me go look up how the Shelby is wired.

The Shelby needs a clutch switch that is normally closed, grounding the contact, and opens when the clutch pedal is pushed.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock