OBD1 Tuning questions by PRND3L
Started on: 01-26-2015 02:41 PM
Replies: 4 (359 views)
Last post by: edfiero on 04-03-2015 01:36 PM
PRND3L

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRND3LSend a Private Message to PRND3LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From my searching, I've noticed the the information of DIY tuning or tuning software/programers is limited.

I have found a group that appears to specialize in GM ECMs for an array of vehicles: Sinister Performance, LLC

Does anybody here have any experience with those guys? I rebuilt my 2.5 and I'm looking for a way to tune the car with the little modifying I've done. The advanced tuning option thing of theirs seems rather attractive.

If not this, does anybody else know of a DIY tuner or reputable tuner that I could use to get mine tuned?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by PRND3L (edited 01-26-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
edfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No Experience with Sinister, but I plan to take a stab at tuning this summer after I complete my SD4 swap. I got a few books for Christmas, and I've download a few GM tuning papers off the net.
I have a 2 BBL throttle body and I just ordered a new wiring harness today.
Next step will be to purchase the ECU and Tuner

[This message has been edited by edfiero (edited 01-26-2015).]

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PRND3L:

From my searching, I've noticed the the information of DIY tuning or tuning software/programers is limited.

I have found a group that appears to specialize in GM ECMs for an array of vehicles: Sinister Performance, LLC

Does anybody here have any experience with those guys? I rebuilt my 2.5 and I'm looking for a way to tune the car with the little modifying I've done. The advanced tuning option thing of theirs seems rather attractive.

If not this, does anybody else know of a DIY tuner or reputable tuner that I could use to get mine tuned?

Thanks

That is my website you linked to. I offer two distinctly different tuning options and can also provide you with some information if you want to learn how to tune your own ECM. Tuning a Fiero 2.5 TBI engine yourself is possible but only if you can get scan data from the ECM. What SERV NO is on your ECM?

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

PRND3L

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2015 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRND3LSend a Private Message to PRND3LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

That is my website you linked to. I offer two distinctly different tuning options and can also provide you with some information if you want to learn how to tune your own ECM. Tuning a Fiero 2.5 TBI engine yourself is possible but only if you can get scan data from the ECM. What SERV NO is on your ECM?

-ryan

I dont know what my Serv No is, naturally I just put my ecm and stuff back into the car and covered it all up. Looks like I'll be digging it back out to find out what it is.

edfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got my new ECM, and downloaded the tuning software. Now I've got questions. Do you guys know of the best forum to go to for tuning questions? I've registered on gearhead-efi, but what I thought was a simple question, hasn't been answered after a couple of days. Is there a better OBD1 Forum??

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock