which would look better ? oppinions ? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 01-20-2015 02:02 PM
Replies: 30 (555 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 01-22-2015 07:05 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
which Wheels do you think would look better on a maroon 87 GT ? opinions ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2nd wheel, I hope
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
try again !
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1st, for sure.
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea I'd have to agree, in my opinion the 1st set looks alot better
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote for the first also
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-20-2015).]

mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ditto.
un fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for un fieroSend a Private Message to un fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#1 absolutely!
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

which Wheels do you think would look better on a maroon 87 GT ? opinions ?

I like these better.

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Strange, I definitely thought the same thing. ( only about a $40 a "set" price difference)
After driving around today ,Taking notice of all Burgundy/Maroon cars that were MOVING, the cars with #2 wheels, you could actually SEE that they had fancy rims. The cars with #1 type rims, when they are spinning (going down the road) they just loo like Black Wheels! you don't SEE any chrome, just black wheels and tires ! Now, do I want it looking good Standing Still OR going down the road ? Hmmmm . I wish the "Boneyards" "Showcased" the wheels they removed from car, around here, it seems that the cars get processed in, and ALL the Wheels and tTires are immediately Removed from the cars and sold off in "Bulk" ! (maybe just for the price of the aluminum) It would sure be nice to get a sharp set of Rims for $200 or under. New ones are a bit pricey, even the low priced wheels.
PFF
System Bot
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMHO #1 for sure!
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Strange, I definitely thought the same thing. ( only about a $40 a "set" price difference)
After driving around today ,Taking notice of all Burgundy/Maroon cars that were MOVING, the cars with #2 wheels, you could actually SEE that they had fancy rims. The cars with #1 type rims, when they are spinning (going down the road) they just loo like Black Wheels! you don't SEE any chrome, just black wheels and tires ! Now, do I want it looking good Standing Still OR going down the road ? Hmmmm . I wish the "Boneyards" "Showcased" the wheels they removed from car, around here, it seems that the cars get processed in, and ALL the Wheels and tTires are immediately Removed from the cars and sold off in "Bulk" ! (maybe just for the price of the aluminum) It would sure be nice to get a sharp set of Rims for $200 or under. New ones are a bit pricey, even the low priced wheels.

more people will look at the wheels standing still then while rolling. Personally though, I would look more at sizing, weight, and matching width to weight distribution.

and, like everyone else, #1.

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

"The day I tried to live, I stole a thousand begger's change and gave it to the rich."
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

[This message has been edited by ericjon262 (edited 01-20-2015).]

countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought #1 too at first, second set isn't so bad either if you imagine all that shiny chrome on a beautiful Fiero. I had a similar set on an 85 GT and if you saw the wheels just by themselves they looked kinda cheesy but they actually looked great on the car. But what is up with the details on that wheel, 5-spoke design, 8 bolt 'hub' with a hexagon shaped cap, who in the fubar came up with that?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2015 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#1, but what size?

The Fiero is lucky, in that it can still look decent even with 19" wheels.

I saw a 94-02 Acura Integra today with I think 18" wheels and it looked like a truck. It was almost as bad as all the stupid "donk" cars rolling around. Just don't "donk" your Fiero.

EDIT: I thought those wheels looked familiar. They're the first result on a Google image search of "grand prix 5 star wheels" even. They look like they belong on a Pontiac. A GTO or G8, but would probably look good on a Fiero too.

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 01-20-2015).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the first set more, but if you prefer the second, go for it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's behind door #3 ?
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will most likely be 17s, maybe 17 front 18 rear (If I can find what I want and can swing the cost.) so many wheels only come in 16 and 17. and if you can get 18, they are only 7.5" wide. (If I want 18 on the rear, I'd like at LEAST 8" width, with 40 offset, but then here comes the COST again !) got a feeling I'm going to have to "Settle", not what I really WANT, but... you know how it is. Maybe keep an eye on the MALL for awhile, (but shipping's a deal killer)
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you upgraded to larger diameter rotors, or do you plan to do that at a later date.
Open looking, large diameter wheels and stock rotors aren't that appealing IMHO.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so far the Brakes are stock, Except for the S10 booster upgrade. (can throw ya through the windshield NOW. the Big brakes will wait till after paint (it's already "Jammed")
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hate to be the only one but # 2 would look great on a fiero. Has a little more aggressive look to them. In the end pick the set that puts a smile on your face when you think about them on your car.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crashmydaytona:

Hate to be the only one...

You're not. I find the second wheel pictured to be more stylish than the first. Of the two, they're the ones I'd pick.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had those wheels on agt I sold a couple of years ago, didn't like the look of the 50 series ties though, to small.
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really dig those those intakes! Is that something you made or can you tell me where I could get some?
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hand made, copied from 1968 Corvette
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had those wheels on agt I sold a couple of years ago, didn't like the look of the 50 series ties though, to small.

Looks good. You just needed black center-caps.

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need help with computer "Settings". where the PICTURES should be, there are just the little boxes with an "X" in them. right clicking Won't open the pictures ! where is What "Setting" to get them to open ? Thanks (would really like to see the wheels with a Black Cap.)
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2015 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Need help with computer "Settings". where the PICTURES should be, there are just the little boxes with an "X" in them. right clicking Won't open the pictures ! where is What "Setting" to get them to open ? Thanks (would really like to see the wheels with a Black Cap.)

They work fine here. If you aren't seeing them, then it's due to whatever network you're on. If you're at work, maybe the host they are on is blocked.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Need help with computer "Settings".

The settings are dependent on the browser you're using. Do you not see images anywhere... or just in this thread?

(would really like to see the wheels with a Black Cap.)

Your old GT looks great with them. Too bad you can't see it.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1st set, no question
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NOW the pictures ARE working again ! you're right, it'sAmazing how much better the black center makes it look. Thanks
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock